SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aperture sights for 10-22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aperture sights for 10-22 Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
So my eyesight is not so well as it used to be and I was having problems seeing the standard ruger rear sight on the 10-22.

I decided to try some Williams fire sights. And they are great. Machined to fit in the factory scope screw holes. The adjustments are made by loosening and tightening a windsge and elevation screw. Comes with the front sight also.

Williams sight

I am impressed with how easy it was to install and how much better I can shoot with them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”
― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Posts: 6373 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Williams sights are great.

I also like Tech Sights: https://www.tech-sights.com/

Posts: 23419 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I looked at those Rogue, but liked the smoother lines of the Williams.

Initially I thought I’d just try and find something that mimics a AR15 A2 sights, as I’m familiar with them, but once I saw the Williams I was sold.

Went to the range again today to sight in my Rem700 in 223 because I put a Sig 762QD adapter on it for my suppressor and wanted to make sure the POI hadn’t changed...it did cause this can is half the weight of the old one. And I took along the 10/22. Had fun plinking at 100 yards with it! Smile was hitting index cards I had put up next to my Rem700 targets.

Everyone should own a 10/22!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.”

Posts: 6373 | Location: Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Those Williams sights are now on my list. Anyone know where I might find a blank for the dovetail when I remove the factory rear sight?

Posts: 204 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Try this... they have blued...

I just folded the factory rear sight down

Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 204 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post