SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Aperture sights for 10-22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aperture sights for 10-22 Login/Join 
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted
So my eyesight is not so well as it used to be and I was having problems seeing the standard ruger rear sight on the 10-22.

I decided to try some Williams fire sights. And they are great. Machined to fit in the factory scope screw holes. The adjustments are made by loosening and tightening a windsge and elevation screw. Comes with the front sight also.

Williams sight

I am impressed with how easy it was to install and how much better I can shoot with them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Williams sights are great.

I also like Tech Sights: https://www.tech-sights.com/

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
I looked at those Rogue, but liked the smoother lines of the Williams.

Initially I thought I’d just try and find something that mimics a AR15 A2 sights, as I’m familiar with them, but once I saw the Williams I was sold.

Went to the range again today to sight in my Rem700 in 223 because I put a Sig 762QD adapter on it for my suppressor and wanted to make sure the POI hadn’t changed...it did cause this can is half the weight of the old one. And I took along the 10/22. Had fun plinking at 100 yards with it! Smile was hitting index cards I had put up next to my Rem700 targets.

Everyone should own a 10/22!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Those Williams sights are now on my list. Anyone know where I might find a blank for the dovetail when I remove the factory rear sight?

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Try this... they have blued...

I just folded the factory rear sight down

Picture of LMLarsen
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 271 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post