SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    leupold rifle scopes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

leupold rifle scopes Login/Join 
posted
I am looking at two scopes for my 30-06:
1. VX-Freedom 1.5-4x 20mm Pig Plex

2. VX-3i 1.5-5 x 20mm German #4.

I like the pig flex reticle but the 3i is more expensive. Any experience with either?

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
3i should have better glass thsts probably it.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The VXR Hog is good scope if you want a 1.5-4. It’s more but it has the fire dot pig Plex with noticeably better glass. I got one because I like the VXR Patrol but wanted capped turrets. It’s been a real sleeper.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
$355

http://www.dvor.com/leupold-ma...ope-matte-black.html

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
The Mark ARs are good also. They are 9 oz. so they are great for lightweight builds.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
3i should have better glass thsts probably it.

Exactly. If the price isn't an issue, go with the VX3i

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few of the vx3i scopes, a 2.5-8x36 and the 1.5-5x20.

I’m a big fan of the vx3i line for hunting rifles, they are great in lower light situations. The only other scope I own that beats it in low light is a meopta meopro 3-9x40 that lives on a 30-06 I have.

The thing I don’t like about the 1.5-5x 20 is that unless I’m on the highest power setting, you see a LOT of the gun barrel and I find that sort of distracting. Mine is on a 375HH mounted with Talley quick detach rings, I go back and forth about keeping it on there or getting something else, I don’t see any barrel on my kimber Montana 308 when looking through my 2.5-8 vx3i on the lowest power setting.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll also add that initially the 1.5-5 was intended for my 30-06 but I just didn’t like it for that particular rifle/round. It just didn’t work for me so it went on more of a dangerous game rifle.

I know you didn’t ask but I’d take a look at the vx3i 2.5-8x36, it’s still a very light scope but much more functional, the only thing I wish I’d changed is that I wish I got a standard reticle rather than the Boone and Crockett reticle, for awhile I really liked that reticle but lately I’ve started to like generic Bdc reticle less and less, If it’s not mil dot, id rather just have a basic Plex or whatever leupold calls it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post