SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Maxim Defense PDX
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maxim Defense PDX Login/Join 
Picture of swage
posted
I'm very close to caving in and picking up a pistol in 7.62x 39. I don't own an AK or AK variant, but this has my attention. It's also available in 5.56, but I already have several SBR's and another seems redundant.

https://www.maximdefense.com/product/pdx/

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I saw that, dang cool.

Posts: 5589 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered one in each caliber, and a Dead Air Sandman-K for the 7.62x39mm one.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A 5.5" barrel on a rifle cartridge makes no sense. There will be few, if any, choices for suppressors. The muzzle blast will be ugly. Muzzle energy will be about the same as a 9mm in this length barrel -- and a 9mm is easily suppressed.

No thanks.

Posts: 7867 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swage:
<SNIP>
I already have several SBR's and another seems redundant.

https://www.maximdefense.com/product/pdx/

I must respectively disagree ... It's not redundant, it's variety! Or if you're one of those "politically correct" guys, it's diversity Smile

It's like saying you only need one 10-22 or one 9mm

And don't get me started on AR's

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5706 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
A 5.5" barrel on a rifle cartridge makes no sense. There will be few, if any, choices for suppressors. The muzzle blast will be ugly. Muzzle energy will be about the same as a 9mm in this length barrel -- and a 9mm is easily suppressed.

No thanks.

Check out some of the videos on it. The HATE brake they designed handles muzzle blast exceptionally well. I have a Dead Air Sandman. It has no barrel length restrictions. Admittedly it'd be just another range toy.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Seems like 300blk wouldve been a good option to release this in as well. Even over the x39 option. But it definitely looks cool.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PorterN:
Seems like 300blk wouldve been a good option to release this in as well. Even over the x39 option. But it definitely looks cool.

It probably will be. But, one of the RFPs it was built for asked for it 7.62x39mm rather than .300 BLK.

Posts: 67 | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I think it looks super bad ass. But I have just zero need for one.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I have the upper kit coming in 5.56 / ARID. I have zero need for it, but really wanted to try it out, so I'm going to build an FDE boom cannon.

Worst case scenario, if I ever get around to it, I'll put a can on it or just keep it in the "drive around northern Michigan" backpack.

Silly that any non-Maxim suppressor kills the warranty. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Just finished the 5.56 build on a Aero FDE lower with a BCM Mod 3 grip and PNT trigger kit.

I didn’t have the chance the submit the pistol paperwork here in MI so I’m on vacation for a week without it.

Posting photos from my phone without tinypic sucks. https://www.flickr.com/photos/...42@N05/shares/61h41F

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post