SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    what FA SMG to get?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what FA SMG to get? Login/Join 
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JoshNC:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK

I had the chance to fire one ~15-20 years ago. (Caveat: I'm about 80% sure it was a Swedish K, but it may have been a S&W 76, the American-made quasi-clone.)

The stock was quite flimsy, and had so much side-to-side play that the gun flopped around laterally when firing while shouldered.

But that may have just been that one example, if it had something like an overly worn stock mechanism.

Sounds like a s&w 76 or MK 760. The 760 has one of the flimsiest stocks I’ve ever handled. The Swede K stock is fine and locks up pretty tight.

betting it was a 760,

I have shot both the S&W 76 and the 760, and the S&W was a very nice stable shooting SMG,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
Lancaster!!!!!!

Methinks you mean Lanchester. (There's no such thing as a Lancaster SMG... Although there's a Lancaster bomber.)

But yes. Lanchester. Because the only thing better than a full auto 9mm is a full auto 9mm with a 17" sword bayonet. Big Grin

You are correct. I have two of those bayo’s for my Enfield collection. Wish I had a Lanchester to put them on!! I have played with a Beretta M38/42 and a M3A1 Grease Gun on several occasions. Fun guns.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
And the next auction catalog is online. Some nice SMG's there.

https://kesslerauktionen.ch/wp...ploads/katalog47.pdf

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 357fuzz:
I have two of those bayo’s for my Enfield collection. Wish I had a Lanchester to put them on!!

Ditto. And ditto.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kampfhamster
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a collection. Love rifles with bajonets!

The citizen watches the watchman, not the taxpayer.

Posts: 765 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: September 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampfhamster:
And the next auction catalog is online. Some nice SMG's there.

Wow! You weren't kidding.

Lots of great options, including a number that were mentioned already, like the Beretta M38A, Beretta PM12, and Karl Gustav m/45.

And they have some other cool options for historical 9mm SMGs, including the Czech ZK 383, with was one of the highest quality interwar 9mm SMGs, although it never really caught on and is rather scarce today due to low production numbers.

There's also a French MAT-49, which saw extensive postwar use in Algeria, Indochina, and elsewhere, and was well-regarded (despite being rather fugly).

And several different MP38s/MP40s too, which ranks alongside the Uzi and MP5 as one of the most iconic historical 9mm subguns.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post