SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone have experience with Sig's BDX scope / LRF system
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with Sig's BDX scope / LRF system Login/Join 
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted
Was scanning Euro Optic's demo scope and they had this

https://www.eurooptic.com/SIG-...Demo-SOK24BDX01.aspx

I watched a couple youtube vids. Seems interesting and price isnt prohibitive like previous such systems (e.g. TrackingPoint) .

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I had a chance to shoot it at an open house that my club held a year or two back. Distances were out to something like 350 yards IIRC. They sat you down at a bench with the rifle and gave you a couple of known-distance sighting shots, and then had you pick one of a couple of other targets are varying distances. The Sig guy would range the selected target and then you just hold the dot on the target and take the shot. You still need to be a competent shooter, but the system works and takes the guesswork out of adjusting elevation. I nailed three out of three shots.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I use them on quite a few of my rifles. They work as advertised. I find them beneficial on rifles with large drops like subsonic 300blk. This makes getting out to 300 with subs no problem. Aside from using the RF unit to move the main dot, you can also have prelit dots set for various ranges of your choosing.

On top of that because its controlle dby the app, when I switch between supers and subs at the range, I don't have to redial the scope each time, I can simply change the ballistic profile in the app.

Coyote hunting with my son is a breeze as I have the BDX 3000 binos as well, all I have to do is glass the coyote and it adjusts the dot so my son can just focus on holding dead on. AS the yote moves I continue to update the range and the dot changes with it.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post