SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Retiring soon. Told to order a rifle, carbine, pistol up to $2000 as a retirement gift.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retiring soon. Told to order a rifle, carbine, pistol up to $2000 as a retirement gift. Login/Join 
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
Gotta be a Garand.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
IndianaBoy,

I noticed your location is "The Edge of the Ozarks." Are you in any of the central or midwestern states featuring the Ozarks? We are moving back to Missouri soon. The Kansas City region. We have a few good civilian ranges, 300 to 600 yards here in the northern Virginia area.

P220Smudge, varoadking,

I've narrowed it down to the M1 carbine, the Garand, or a 458 SOCOM. And yes, I'm very familiar with Virginia Arms. I was last in there about 2 months ago.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it! The CMP has rifles in stock:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Especially if you don't already own one, I would buy the Garand.
If you want a guaranteed beauty buy one from http://garandguy.com/
I did a few years back and could not be happier, looks like new with a receiver dated 1943.
I wanted a shooter so I opted for a new criterion barrel.
Tony (The Garand Guy) offers many options.

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Another vote for the V7S

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigless in
Indiana
Picture of IndianaBoy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
IndianaBoy,

I noticed your location is "The Edge of the Ozarks." Are you in any of the central or midwestern states featuring the Ozarks? We are moving back to Missouri soon. The Kansas City region. We have a few good civilian ranges, 300 to 600 yards here in the northern Virginia area.

P220Smudge, varoadking,

I've narrowed it down to the M1 carbine, the Garand, or a 458 SOCOM. And yes, I'm very familiar with Virginia Arms. I was last in there about 2 months ago.

I didn't update my location when I moved from Columbia, MO back to Indiana.

There is a lot that I miss about living in MO.

We took the kids to Great Wolf Lodge in Kansas City over New Years eve.

There are some really active USPSA and 3-gun clubs in the central portion of the state. Central Ozarks Practical Shooters near Rolla, Green Valley in Columbia, as well as several others.

Posts: 14124 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MPX pistol + binary trigger + Sig red dot should be just about within that budget if you get lucky on the MPX price.

If you got access to steels or an otherwise non-restricted range, it's the most fun you can have with your pants on.

You got the "real" bases covered. Get something fun.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No suggestions - just wishing you the best on a big milestone!

Congrats !!

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post