SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    For those that own them, any regrets from Sig 552 (NOT 522) owners?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those that own them, any regrets from Sig 552 (NOT 522) owners? Login/Join 
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone. I'm talking to the guy now and getting some pics of the engraving and will keep you all posted (and pics for sure).

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Any updates?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OP, if you haven’t found one, I have a 553 in very good shape, lots of mags, and a few nice San Swiss accessories. I’m toying with the idea of selling. Need another piece of machinery for clearing land.

tellicomoto

The great riding pleasure is "to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women", all from a smaller, less powerful bike.

Posts: 34 | Location: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
I decided not to go with the one out there and wait for a bit. The money is safe but I want to make sure that this is what I really, really want. The real hiccup was you kimberkid with showing off that TTI STI. And then the Marshals STI thread. I had promised myself that I was done with .223 and had cleared all that out to focus on my SCAR 17 and 9mm rifles and pistols. Then I got money and the 552 came up together. So while I was getting all the ducks in a row for that, all these other things began to pop up to eat into the love.

So, effectively I'm on Tinder looking for the love of my life and having a hard time finding it with all the hotties. Shocking.

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Posts: 1947 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
<snip>
So, effectively I'm on Tinder looking for the love of my life and having a hard time finding it with all the hotties. Shocking.

LoL! Probably a good idea if you're going to have one 223/5.56

Well, I've gone the kinda the opposite direction, in that I don't limit myself to one 223/5.56 or even one design. AR's are fine but SiG's, FN's, CZ's, HK's & AK's ... Heck, you could even throw in a couple Remington's, Ruger's or Savages ... Maybe even a Beretta AR 70 would be cool! All make some fun 223/5.56's and because firearms aren't possessive and don't tend to get jealous AND they don't take half your stuff, so I think playing the field is ok.
I save that kind of "one-ness" for my wife, and not just because she could take half my suff!

Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
The hard part of having a lot of mistresses is the upkeep and attention, not the wanting and lust. And folks like you with all the arm/eye candy make it hard.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loswsmith:
The hard part of having a lot of mistresses is the upkeep and attention, not the wanting and lust. And folks like you with all the arm/eye candy make it hard.

Having over 40 years of shooting/collecting has its benefits, but an understanding wife is important too Wink