SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Faxon 14.5” shooter profile.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Faxon 14.5” shooter profile. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
Picked up this barrel for a good deal. It’s the one with an integrally welded brake on it to make it 16.1” permanent. The brake is .620 diameter allowing the .625 gas block to fit over it negating the need to in pin the muzzle device to take it apart. (Why didn’t I think of that??)

It’s for compact lightweight build I’m going to be doing. Does any body have the shooter profile Faxon? How does it shoot? It’s a light weight totin’ Rifle. It doesn’t need to be sub moa, just want to know how it runs hot.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Tagged for input. Same barrel with pinned FH I’m replacing my N4 with.

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Funny enough I completed my first upper build about three weeks ago using this barrel (assuming you mean the GUNNER). I really like it. I was going for a lightweight build and this and the Aero Atlas handguard got me there (~5.7 lbs with iron sights). I used this rifle in a carbine course with shots from maybe 5 yards to 25-30 yards. I probably put 600 rounds through it without any issues. I’m sure my groups opened up, but I was “combat accurate” throughout the day. The brake did a great job with recoil reduction...though the poor guy next to me mentioned how loud my rifle was Big Grin

Posts: 212 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampy:
Funny enough I completed my first upper build about three weeks ago using this barrel (assuming you mean the GUNNER). I really like it. I was going for a lightweight build and this and the Aero Atlas handguard got me there (~5.7 lbs with iron sights). I used this rifle in a carbine course with shots from maybe 5 yards to 25-30 yards. I probably put 600 rounds through it without any issues. I’m sure my groups opened up, but I was “combat accurate” throughout the day. The brake did a great job with recoil reduction...though the poor guy next to me mentioned how loud my rifle was Big Grin

Did you use a lightweight BCG? 5.7 is pretty good.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
I had been thinking of getting my father the flash hider version. Is that good deal you mentioned still going?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
I had been thinking of getting my father the flash hider version. Is that good deal you mentioned still going?

It was a local private sale. I was looking at them and this one popped up.

TCB all the time...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Nope, a NiB Toolcraft full auto BCG. To be fair I was using a bathroom scale, so I’m guessing the weight is actually 5.7-6.2 lbs. It definitely feels light. Beyond the barrel and handguard the only other “lightweight” component is a MFT stock I pulled from another rifle. Keep in mind this is with fixed Troy iron sights and no mag.

Posts: 212 | Registered: April 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kampy:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Nope, a NiB Toolcraft full auto BCG. To be fair I was using a bathroom scale, so I’m guessing the weight is actually 5.7-6.2 lbs. It definitely feels light. Beyond the barrel and handguard the only other “lightweight” component is a MFT stock I pulled from another rifle. Keep in mind this is with fixed Troy iron sights and no mag.

Gotcha. I’ve been shooting a SIG M400 which I kind of like but for some reason it’s a tank. I can’t figure out what barrel profile it is. It looks a bit different but is similar to an M4 barrel. It has magpul furniture and comes in at almost 8 lbs. it’s front heavy also. This along with the FA and deflector digging in to me kinda make it a pain to lug. (I’m a lefty). I’m doing a lightweight lefty build for slogging around the camp.

TCB all the time...

That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I have their super light pencil 16 inch midlength gas and just had it out shooting yesterday. It will shoot 1 inch at 50 yards all day long.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I have a side charging upper, and a Midwest Industries forearm on the way. I'll finally get this one built.

My first lefty build. I'll update with the final weight.

TCB all the time...