SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Wanting a multi shot BB only air gun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanting a multi shot BB only air gun Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Looking for a decent multi shot BB air gun. Want something of decent quality and guessing .177 BBs as they are the easiest to find.
I don’t know much about these things or where to look really. I took a quick peak at Cabelas and they had a sweet Sig rifle but the magazines were like $60.

Budget under $300 if that is reasonable.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25411 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
BB specifically or pellet?

By multi shot do you mean “semi automatic” (which is usually a misnomer as in most cases you are manually indexing the via trigger similar to a revolver”

Or do you mean bolt action or indexing by barrel cocking etc.

Also rifle or pistol?

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How about a Daisy Red Ryder or Model 25 pump? 350’ per second.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Something like this but don’t care about full auto and would prefer a little more FPS.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/GYtVzoLqsrs

————————————————

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
As far as “BB” guns go that Crosman DPMS is one of the better options. Keep in mind that the 450fps range is probably what your looking at in this realm.

If you are open to pellet rifles in .177 you can get in the 550-600fps range and should see FAR more accuracy.

Here are some options below.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...ellet_Rifle_Kit/4894

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...n_1077_Air_Rifle/204

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...e_CO2_Air_Rifle/4120

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...eatair_CO2_Rifle/224

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
This is more of a fun blaster so I am leaning more towards BB

Well not quite what I had in mind But This lever action is actually pretty slick and claims 600 FPS. Comes with 10 reloadable cartridges and looks like extra cartridges are like $10 a 10 pack.
https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m...O2_BB_Air_Rifle/4566

————————————————

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I personally think that lever action is PERFECT for you. My advice has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the fact that I want somebody’s first hand knowledge about it. Nope not at all. Smile

Honestly as far as fun blasters go that crosman DPMS in the video is pretty universally loved and even seems to exhibit decent accuracy.

Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Is that pyramydair site good to deal with?? None of the distributors my LGS deals with have the Umarex level action available.
Be a few weeks before I actually ordered since I just picked up my Gamo today. But that thing looks pretty slick.

————————————————

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Pyramyd is EXCELLENT. Buy with confidence.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You know, it’s funny. I noticed this thread and the one that inspired it and didn’t give them much thought. Then yesterday, my wife said we needed to dispose of the gingerbread haunted house my son made with the neighbors a month or so ago and the first thing that came to mind was “this needs tenderizing with a pellet rifle before it goes in the compost bin.”

Gathered up some CO2 cylinders, the Crosman 1077, and my six year old and we headed into the back yard. Ten minutes later, and some minor frustrations out of the way and he was putting groups in gingerbread, but straggling a bit with holding the rifle steady. I think to keep the fun factor up and frustration level low, something more compact needs to happen. I’ll be following this thread and using it to make decisions. I didn’t realize how much I missed backyard plinking.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post