SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Double Star So Com M4 butt stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Double Star So Com M4 butt stock? Login/Join 
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted
I looked at one of these today at my LGS. I liked it, I could get it way lower than the price on their website. Any one have one or experience with Double Star? Or is this like NCStar stuff?

https://star15.com/m4-socom-st...ith-buffer-tube-only

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
FWIW, that's the parent company of the people who make ACE buttstocks (eg., the AR/FX), so I'm guessing that that's really an ACE stock. I don't know exactly how sturdy the M4 stock is, but I have a few of the AR/FX stocks. Those have held up well (haven't tried hitting anyone with one though), and I like them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Il Cattivo,

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
(haven't tried hitting anyone with one though), and I like them.

Funny that you mention this, I read Brownells description, I copied this:
"There’s even a machined-in hammer on the butt for breaching doors and hand-to-hand combat"

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Double Star is OK, in line with Rock River Arms, not top tier Colt, but OK.

They are out of Winchester Kentucky. The stock itself I have no knowledge of, but Double Star good, not Colt quality. I have used their LPKs before with no problems.

As a side note, I would like to get my hands on a stripped lower receiver, just because it's made in Kentucky, and I live in the Bluegrass state, but I don't want to pay a lot for it.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
"There’s even a machined-in hammer on the butt for breaching doors and hand-to-hand combat"

Big Grin Well, if they're going to encourage that behavior...

That was one of the questions about the AR/FX back when it first started becoming popular. I wouldn't be afraid to mortar a rifle with one if I needed to. That being said, I think there's a reason why the company website mentions that the SOCOM is strong enough that you won't bend the buttstock tube. I would also suspect that using a carbine-length tube rather than the AR/FX' rifle-length tube helps make the SOCOM a stronger hammer.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I picked it up today, and they weren't lying about the hammer! I didn't notice it yesterday when I looked at it, it's a dog gone meat tenderizer!

It has a rubber pad that is not installed in the picture, It's going on my latest project AR.

Beth Greene

is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Nice stock, but this talk of butt-stroking anything with an AR (especially laterally) always makes me wonder how many impacts the buffer-tube thread will take before cracking at the thinnest part.

Anyone here have any real-world experience?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Patiently waiting on butt stroke range report. Big Grin

Does look like quite the meat tenderizer.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8846 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this thread is just crying out for a "skirt steak with protection" pic, isn't it? Big Grin