SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Wolf T91 Taiwanese military gas piston AR uppers now available $599
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolf T91 Taiwanese military gas piston AR uppers now available $599 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
AIM said they were going to be ordering/selling a pencil barrel version of this. I'll bite if they bring the pencil barrel version out.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Looks intriguing. I'd bite if it were magically available in other calibers. Like 6.5 Grendel. Another piston 5.56 rifle I don't particularly need or want, unless it was the MR556 (and the only reason I want that one is because it's as close to a HK416 as I'm going to get with what lifetime I have left).

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that somebody here has one, perhaps he can mention how worn-out the barrel might be. In other words, is it a smooth-bore musket by the time it is put on the market?

Bart Noir
Who is liking the looks of that combination.

Posts: 22 | Location: Soggy Puget Sound | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that I have seen pics of the military version, and compared barrel lengths, I think the uppers being imported have a longer barrel.

So that means new barrels for the US market, which may answer my question from the previous post.

Bart Noir

Posts: 22 | Location: Soggy Puget Sound | Registered: October 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
These are 100% new production. Not surplus uppers, or built with used parts.

And they're not exact copies of the military T91 upper. The barrel and front sight base/gas block are different, for sure. Might be some other differences with the upper receiver too.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Looks intriguing. I'd bite if it were magically available in other calibers. Like 6.5 Grendel. Another piston 5.56 rifle I don't particularly need or want, unless it was the MR556 (and the only reason I want that one is because it's as close to a HK416 as I'm going to get with what lifetime I have left).

Ditto that ... but a 300 Blackout in a piston would be good!
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
These are 100% new production. Not surplus uppers, or built with used parts.

And they're not exact copies of the military T91 upper. The barrel and front sight base/gas block are different, for sure. Might be some other differences with the upper receiver too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the carriers are semi-auto only

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Upper arrived today, and I am happy with it.
I do like the flat bottom on the hand guard.

As an added bonus discovered I had a complete Bushmaster lower that I had forgotten about.

I think in time parts will be available.

So have you fired it yet? If not get to it! Just kidding (alittle), would like a full review/range report when you have a chance. I'm very interested in one.

I'm not a piston AR guy, but I'm interested in it as a variant of the AR family that is issued to foreign militaries.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes ... range report please!!

----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Here is a comparison between an Echo trigger modified and the Wolf A1 bolt carrier.

Top is Wolf A1

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Thanks that photo does seem to be the best one.
Think I might need to type out the Chinese and save it as a .tiff or .jpg file for the engraving.
The knurled nut, stock, and pistol grip don't seem to be readily available.

Anyone know what is written in Chinese on the receiver?
5.56公釐T91步槍 (5.56mm T91 rifle)
中華民國 (The Republic of China), but there is one more character, hmmm....
中華民國? Anyone know what the last character is?

Hello kimber1911,
Were you ever able to get an accurate image file for engraving to replicate the T91's lower? I'm interested in doing the exact same thing.

Posts: 4 | Registered: September 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, have you been able to fire it any? How many rounds? What's the accuracy like? Malfunctions?

I would like to know more about this. I'm very interested in one of them.

I need one like another hole in my head, but I can't help myself!

I would like to put together a T91 Taiwanese piston Rifle clone, or as close to one without going to nuts. I just want to hear how they are running.

Range report please!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Starting to feel bad.
No, I never completed the engraving, but still have the stripped lower ready for it.

No, I have not fired the upper.
Add to that four pistols purchase since purchasing the upper, which are unfired as well.

Sad to say, I have more unfired than fired guns some going back as far as 20 years. Frown

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Starting to feel bad.
No, I never completed the engraving, but still have the stripped lower ready for it.

No, I have not fired the upper.
Add to that four pistols purchase since purchasing the upper, which are unfired as well.

Sad to say, I have more unfired than fired guns some going back as far as 20 years. Frown

Typically I take new aquisitions out and shoot them as soon as possible, however many of them it's the only time they've been shot, not because I don't like them but over the span of years aquisitions add up and there's only so many hours in the day, week month & year ... sometimes the aqusition is satisfaction enough.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
There's nothing wrong with being able to shoot what you want to when you want you.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post