SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Wolf T91 Taiwanese military gas piston AR uppers now available $599
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolf T91 Taiwanese military gas piston AR uppers now available $599 Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
Wolf convinced the Taiwanese govt armory to release T91 gas piston uppers, with Wolf being the importer. They are available now for $599, which might be a heck of a nice price. These are not AR15 uppers with a gas piston conversion. They are designed from the ground up as gas piston guns. These are currently in use by Taiwan, UAE, Kuwait, Indonesia, and Jordan. Jordan compared the M4 to the T91 and found the T91 to be superior for desert warfare.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XWAUT91

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
More info in a thread from a few months ago:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1970067314

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sold out.

Will be interesting to see how these are received in our market.

---------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Daewoo K2

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsd1220:
Looks like a Daewoo K2

Maybe a little, but not really...

T91:

K2:

The T91 looks more like the lovechild of an AR-15 and a Sig 556:

The K2 looks like the lovechild of an AR-18:

And a FN FNC:

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
In reading the description, it seems like this new entry into the .223/5.56 launching platform is everything to everybody, no matter what they want ... It just can't get any better, at least until the T91A2 gets introduced ... Or will it be the T92

Hummm ...

I haven't seen anything so all encompassing since the SCAR was introduced.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

Now need to find the very best picture I can of the receiver markings.

Think it would be fun to try and duplicate the markings with laser engraving.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/w...a/T91-1_%2876%29.JPG

Note the 4 position selector - Safe/Semi/Burst/Auto - and the knurled castle nut.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think it would be fun to try and duplicate the markings with laser engraving.

Y'know, I was wondering - has anyone brought in any of the buttstocks and pistol grips?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Note the 4 position selector - Safe/Semi/Burst/Auto - and the knurled castle nut.

Thanks that photo does seem to be the best one.
Think I might need to type out the Chinese and save it as a .tiff or .jpg file for the engraving.
The knurled nut, stock, and pistol grip don't seem to be readily available.

Anyone know what is written in Chinese on the receiver?
5.56公釐T91步槍 (5.56mm T91 rifle)
中華民國 (The Republic of China), but there is one more character, hmmm....
中華民國? Anyone know what the last character is?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
AIM should have more in stock, next week. Seems to have good reviews on YouTube from the few videos I've watched. Can't beat the price for what you get.

Posts: 1662 | Location: NH | Registered: January 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks that photo does seem to be the best one.
Think I might need to type out the Chinese and save it as a .tiff or .jpg file for the engraving.
The knurled nut, stock, and pistol grip don't seem to be readily available.

Anyone know what is written in Chinese on the receiver?
5.56公釐T91步槍 (5.56mm T91 rifle)
中華民國 (The Republic of China), but there is one more character, hmmm....

I think it just says republic of china but the last character is how people in Taiwan write it, it still just means republic of china.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Thanks newmexican.

It's not easy finding the proper characters, same font to create the image for engraving.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Republic of China

When the Communists seized control of China just after WW2, the Nationalist Chinese government and many of their supporters fled the mainland and retreated to the island of Taiwan. The country of Taiwan believes itself to be the true Chinese government, with the mainland being occupied illegitimately, and their country's official name is the Republic of China. Meanwhile, China - officially the People's Republic of China - believes the island of Taiwan to be its territory, occupied illegitimately by the last holdouts of the losing side of the civil war.

Taiwan's tenuous position has been bolstered significantly by US support and military aid since the 1950s, which is one of the main reasons that China has not simply conquered Taiwan and ended the Chinese Civil War.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

I think it just says republic of china but the last character is how people in Taiwan write it, it still just means republic of china.

I don't think so. Republic of China, as in the official name of Taiwan, is just four characters: 中華民國

中華 (Zhonghua) = China
民國 (Mínguó) = Republic

That fifth character does not appear to be part of the country name.

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
I just received a response from Didi.
The last character is "made"

中華民國造 Republic of China made

If you ever find yourself in the southern tip of Taiwan near Kenting stop by Warung Didi for dinner.

Didi has the best food in southern Taiwan.
I have had the pleasure of dining there on several trips to Kenting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
(Shakes his head) I'm amazed by the resources people manage to draw on in this hobby.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Let me know when you're ready to do the group buy on lowers Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 597 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: September 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by newmexican:
quote:

I don't think so. Republic of China, as in the official name of Taiwan, is just four characters: 中華民國

中華 (Zhonghua) = China
民國 (Mínguó) = Republic

That fifth character does not appear to be part of the country name.

Wow I feel really stupid, I didn't realize what was going on lol, I didn't realize he hadn't written the character so I just saw the 4 characters but didn't realize the ? Was there to represent a character.

Sorry about that, I was thinking I was smart.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post