SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Dressed Up The Old Mini 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dressed Up The Old Mini 14 Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
Added a few things to the old mini. I ended up selling my 2008 Tactical model because I hated the flash hider. But I just can't get rid of my first Mini.

186-Series I bought at the PX in '96. Added a SOCOM Accu-Strut (old school, 5") and a Choate handguard.

This is just a fun rifle. One I will always keep around.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
They are fun rifles as long as you don't want to recover your brass!

Yours is looking very nice.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Nice M14 Mini-14.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Nice! I've always liked Mini's.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else hear the A Team music whenever they see a Mini 14?

Posts: 4652 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now I know what I am going to do with my Mini!

Posts: 130 | Location: GA | Registered: April 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the current factory wooden stocks will fit the older models? Only thing I dislike is the curved buttplate. And I want to keep the wood, no polymer.

Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Besides aiding accuracy, I like the way the Accu-Strut looks on a Mini.
I have Accu-Struts on both my Mini-14 and Mini-30.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I've always liked the way you think, Bob.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Added a sling. I had an M1 Carbine sling on my other mini but it was a little short and the keepers were hard to get through the sling swivels. I was cruising around on Tech Sights sight and they had an M1 Garand style sling that was only 1" designed for the mini. So for just under $17 delivered I gave it a shot. It's pretty nice, literally a narrower Garand sling. It's long enough so I can shoulder it easily and have enough length to wrap around my arm for stability. Really couldn't do that with the carbine sling. I like it Smile

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice...I love the look of that accustrut. I need to get one for mine. I have a 187-series Ranch Rifle. It's not going to shoot 1-hole groups, but it's accurate enough...at least as accurate as my eyes will allow me to shoot with iron sights at 50 yards. And yes, it does throw brass over 30 feet away (we were shooting off my buddy's porch one day and it was throwing them on the roof, lol)...but it's just so fun to shoot!

Posts: 8419 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do like the older minis. My 580 series mini is heavier than my 20" AR-15 (a slightly modernized Colt 604 clone).

Posts: 122 | Location: California | Registered: July 09, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
Good looking rifle!

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
They are fun rifles as long as you don't want to recover your brass!

Yours is looking very nice.

RMD

They do fling brass into next week. Look at it as a feature. They discourage attacks from the right side of the shooter.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is nice looking.

Posts: 7348 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I just have a po box in the next county to catch mine.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billnchristy:
I just have a po box in the next county to catch mine.

Excellent. Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post