SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Can I put a Shockwave on MCX pistol?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I put a Shockwave on MCX pistol? Login/Join 
posted
I have an 11" MCX pistol with OEM folding brace. Can I mount a Shockwave blade in place of the brace?
What parts do I need to order to make the conversion?
Thanks for any help here.

Posts: 11 | Location: So. Fla. | Registered: August 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yes, you can remove a pistol brace or replace it with a different make.

What exactly you'd need to do with an MCX, IDK.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.
I measured the Sig brace tube at just under 1.2" and SW's website says it should just slide on and stay there with the set screw. I'll order it and see. The Shockwave blade is much lighter and thinner than the rubber Sig arm brace and should fold into a nice little package!

Posts: 11 | Location: So. Fla. | Registered: August 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would spend the money and get the KAK dimpled tube for the shockwave, also. Fits the shockwave a little better and the dimples complement the set screw.

I have a Shockwave brace on a KAK tube on my MCX pistol and like it a lot.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I would spend the money and get the KAK dimpled tube for the shockwave, also. Fits the shockwave a little better and the dimples complement the set screw.

I have a Shockwave brace on a KAK tube on my MCX pistol and like it a lot.

This.

My shockwave was loose on the factory tube.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.
Beautiful setup WARPIG. I'll need a Taper adapter so I can mount my AAC brake and can.

With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Judgemax:
Thanks for the input.
Beautiful setup WARPIG. I'll need a Taper adapter so I can mount my AAC brake and can.

Id have a smith cut it off completely. I know some guys got adpaters with their MCX's but Ive bought 6 of them and never got one.

posted Hide Post
I ordered the KAK tube as it was only $20 plus shipping. I wondered how hard it would be to get the OEM tube off but a 5/8 open wrench fits on the end (hidden by the rubber brace). That made quick work of it.

I also just called Paul on the Sig customer service line and he said he would put a taper adapter in the mail today and I should get it in less than 10 days. He looked up my rifle history (which includes a bolt assembly swap) and saw that I bought a MCX that was made more than 8 months ago. He said that's when they started putting them in the box with the rifles. I didn't quibble with him as he was sending it free! We'll see........

UPDATE, after midnight Sig emailed me a shipping notice for the taper cap as a "warranty" item.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Judgemax,

Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
Yep, for sure use the KAK tube. The set screw will then give you a nice secure fit.

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Judgemax:
I ordered the KAK tube as it was only $20 plus shipping. I wondered how hard it would be to get the OEM tube off but a 5/8 open wrench fits on the end (hidden by the rubber brace). That made quick work of it.

I also just called Paul on the Sig customer service line and he said he would put a taper adapter in the mail today and I should get it in less than 10 days. He looked up my rifle history (which includes a bolt assembly swap) and saw that I bought a MCX that was made more than 8 months ago. He said that's when they started putting them in the box with the rifles. I didn't quibble with him as he was sending it free! We'll see........

I tried the same thing a couple months back and they told me they were out but I could buy one and have it shipped when it comes in. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
Guys,
How do you keep the tube from backing out of the knurled mount causing the blade to turn? Ordinarily it should be staked but this assembly doesn't seem to allow for a receiver plate to do the staking.
Do you use a castle nut to keep the tube tightened so the blade stays perpendicular?
Rok-set or red Loctite?

posted Hide Post
UPDATE
I was able to do a nice install of the KAK tube by cutting off enough of the threaded end to screw the tube into the folding brace female socket with no thread showing. The Blade slipped onto the tube snugly and the set screw should keep it from turning. I did not loctite the tube as it screwed in tightly.
I also received the Taper Cap today as promised by Sig.
I have gotten good service from them at every turn.