SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Picked up new upper for my M400 *added picture * new lower
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picked up new upper for my M400 *added picture * new lower Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted
OSG is running a special on M400 Elite uppers, I have the Enhanced tan M400 with the Magpull furniture.

Purchased one of these Elite Sig Uppers to replace the stock version, moved the bolt over and it mounts up perfectly.

Now I need an Iron front sight since the M400's stock one stays with the barrel, I can move the rear sight, and drop on an optic.

Since the lower is Sig Tan, and now the upper is black I'm thinking about having the upper and guard done in the desert tan, maybe a battle worn look if they can't match it up, don't really want a Scar colored AR Big Grin

Last thing I'll need is a can to put on it, wasn't going to get one until the hopefully new NFA rules were passed but that looks like no joy for now.

Thinking about the AAC 556SD at Silencer Shop, it comes with a flash hider and quick detach for under $600 plus stamp....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I picked up one of those uppers when Sig was blowing them out. Nice upper. I was surprised they used a UTG rail but it’s well made. If it was me I’d just get some tan handguard covers to just blend the colors. Maybe a mix of Black and Tan LaRue rail covers on top. I have the AAC M4-2000. Built like a tank from the good old days of AAC. If it’s good enough to use on Bin Laden it’s good enough for me. Smile

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I was looking at that M4-2000 looks like a good option as well, several nice mid priced suppressors for 556

Got a quote of $150 for the upper and guard, $200 for lower, upper and guard which would insure they all match color wise, probably do that as its $50 more but it would match and not be a tri-tone, leaving the barrel black.

Even though the idea of adding tan accessories is a good one, for only $150 I'll probably have it coated...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even with the UTG rail, it seemed like a great deal. I kick myself for not getting one when they were blowing them out cheap.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I think what I"m going to do is pick up an AR armorers kit (Wheelers?) or at least the wrench, and just swap barrels from the new upper with the low profile gas block and floating guard to the original tan upper that came on the M400.

That way I dont' have to coat the upper, just the guard, and I'll go ahead and take it over to the guy locally that has a company that does this stuff professionally.

That of course will leave me with an upper and barrel with magpul handguard M400 upper that will be in need of a lower, trigger bcg, buffer, etc,

Might as well order the wheelers kit I guess it will get here before the new upper guard is coated and back.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Heres what the two sig uppers look like prior to barrel swap, doing this so I have the matching tan upper and lower back together with the free floating barrel guard from the new upper.

posted Hide Post
Anyone know a place to pick up a sig marked lower? That upper is a good deal but I really like matched uppers and lowers.

Posts: 123 | Registered: July 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think it looks good and wouldn't bother with the expense and hassle of Cerkote, just slap some FDE rail covers on the forend.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Tan Arevoe Spray paint, $6.99 for a can will set you right as rain.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Personally I would krylon the whole thing to match your local flora, unless you live in the Florida desert.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
barrel swap is done, $35 for both, not bad, local store had some free time for the armorer as soon as I get time to put them back together I'll get a picture.

While I was there noticed a Spikes Tactical lower on the wall and had to pick it up, haven't seen one of these in the wild, couldn't pass up the opportunity considering I have a spare upper, no need to let it go to waste sitting in the safe.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
PSA has a nice fathers day sale going on so I ordered some parts to finish up the second AR:

PALMETTO STATE ARMORY MAGPUL MOE EPT LOWER BUILD KIT - FLAT DARK EARTH - 516445631 $109.99

PSA 5.56 PREMIUM FULL AUTO BOLT CARRIER GROUP & PSA AR15/M16 7075 T6 FORGED MIL-SPEC CHARGING HANDLE $79.99

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duelist:
Anyone know a place to pick up a sig marked lower? That upper is a good deal but I really like matched uppers and lowers.

They are out there but they want an arm and a leg for them.. ~$150 is too much for a forged lower even though I really like Sig's lowers.

Midwestgunworks usually has them.

Posts: 221 | Location: Michigan | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Osage county guns has them in stock, got an email on them a few days ago