SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Grail Gun: G36K (Pics added 8/29)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grail Gun: G36K (Pics added 8/29) Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Should have it next week. Haven't been this excited for a rifle in a long time, never thought I would own one. Even managed to scoop his last German dual optic carry handle. Pinned flash hider to keep it out of SBR territory. Ever since he started making his own receivers and kits it really opened the door for those of us that didn't want to track down (and pay for) a SL8 and G36 parts kit.

Edit:
Got it!

Want one? Not cheap, but about half of what it used to cost to get one built.
https://www.tommybuilttactical.com/shop

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the inbound bundle of joy. After shooting the E model in Germany I put together a 16" K clone with the dual optics. I liked the 3x optic and it's reticle...I thought the science put into the range finding markers was incredible. I let it go for other wants, but it definitely stands out in a collection!

Evaluating volume of fire vs. shot placement effectiveness.

Posts: 659 | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice score. I had my eyes on one years ago and almost bought it but I hesitated and someone else picked it up. I love the original carry handle/sight set up on yours. Very cool.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! I've seen them on his FaceBook page, your lucky to have gotten one!

Back when the SL-8 came out I picked one up I think the the first year, date code KK ... very accurate. Being an HK fanboy at the time I found a carry handle and eventually did the Special Weapons G36 conversion ... after a while I got tired of it, something else caught my eye and it went bye-bye.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Several years ago I got to shoot the real deal full auto G36K. A class 3 friend had one to demo for a couple police agencies. It was difficult to put it down!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
You and I seem to have similar tastes. I built a G-36K (SBR) about 8 years ago, and have the original dual optic on mine. But I snagged one of the Latvian stocks. Really fun gun to shoot.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I forgot to mention, my kit came with a standard length stock, I came across a "K" stock which was about an inch shorter on HK's website (this was like 17-18 years ago) and it was much more comfortable to shoot.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Seven, post some pics of your K if you're so inclined, I like those stocks.

Kimber, I think they call the shorter stock the "C" stock and the longer the "K/E". I have pretty long arms so the long one fits me well.

Picked her up today. Can't wait to hit the range.

Added photos to the original post.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Damn! That's beautiful.
Now you just need to get a Flecktarn camo smock. Smile

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post