SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    ID these rifles? Done! :) Carbine-conversion uppers for pistols.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID these rifles? Done! :) Carbine-conversion uppers for pistols. Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted
Well, at least I think they're rifles.

One of the local gun shops has a forum and the owner posts pictures of new items, every day or so. Saw these on this page: link

They're about a third of the way down the page, just below the Rock River Arms rifles.

Google image search came up with 'guns' - gee, that's a big help.... Wink

Anyway, I am willing to bet that someone here has seen these. Probably 50-50 a member owns one.

It's idle curiosity, on my part, but they do look interesting.

Any thoughts/ideas will be greatly appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joel9507,

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
I think they're these doodads that go on top of a pistol frame, turning them into a rifle, used to see them all the time in gun magazines. Take the slide off your 1911, slap that on there, and wait for the puppy poppers to kick down your door. With a tank.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr_Black
posted Hide Post
Looks like older MechTech carbine conversion uppers. The newer models have AR style stocks.

https://mechtechsys.com/

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 881 | Location: NW PA | Registered: October 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mechtech "carbine" top ends. Some were made to fit Glocks, some 1911s. Not sure about other makes.

The wire stocked versions like those in the OP had an annoying twang to them every time they were fired.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Proof there is an idiot born every second, that's what they are... Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ID and the info. Would never have guessed!

Posts: 15023 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Ach, I admit, they are a mite ugly, but do shoot pretty straight. Simple design.
Had a friend who kept one in his bush plane for emergencies as he always had a 1911 around.
He passed it on to me after he stopped flying.

If you have one of the early models (sans AR M4 buffer tube capable) you can get the "retrofit" tube which allows use of mil-spec AR stocks for around 55 bucks. You transfer the action parts to the new tube assembly and you're good to go. This one has been quite reliable. Folks at Mech-Tech are quite nice to deal with-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post