SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    So I bought an AUG
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So I bought an AUG Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Count me among those that wants one. Don't even know why. I've watched the clones come and go and handled many of them and just never been able to sell myself on buying one. I look at the nearly dozen ARs I have sometimes and wish there was some variety in my 5.56 game. The AUG, HK93, Sig 55X, and others come very quickly to mind.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I absolutely LOVE mine. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. I hope ammo becomes available again at some point so I can really run it.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For all of you thinking about it, just buy one. I love the Aug and its a very good system.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I learned of and bought a new STG77 last summer. I really have enjoyed owning it.

HK Ag

Posts: 3496 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Are there any left handers on the forum that have an AUG? Are you able to use the right hand eject while shooting from you left shoulder or do you have to buy the left hand bolt?

Posts: 4130 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I owned and shot a MSAR E4 just before the service went down hill. For some reason it didn’t quite scratch the itch. I don’t know why because it was an excellent bull pup. I also picked up a Aug A3 recently but with the NATO stock. I had a wild hair and grabbed a white stock version with the extended rail. I know I’ll end up either getting it cerakoted or I’ll do a dye job on it. Until then, I’m thinking it needs a Stormtrooper decal or stencil. I threw my Steiner M332 on it along with a Surefire V1 white/ir.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
If needed in an emergency, a right handed shooter can shoot the AUG left handed. I've done it by basically shooting the gun one handed and using my right hand to shield my face. AUG is balanced well enough that it's doable. You can also add a brass deflector that does a reasonable job. Left handed shooters NEED the left handed bolt. It slings brass pretty hard and getting hit in the nose with hot brass is not pleasant.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
I had a green one and a black one. Should have kept the black one!

But the most fun is shooting a friends full auto version! It just sits there, no muzzle rise... just point it where you like. Pull the trigger half way back and release for semi auto, pull it past that point for full auto.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2667 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've shot several shoulder transitions with my AUG. Its annoying to take brass to the face but not horrible. For a dedicated lefty, I would seek a lefty bolt. The corvus brass deflector may solve this but I have no experience with it.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I've got the version that takes regular AR mags. I really like it. Very handy. They make a little adhesive patch to keep your stock from getting chewed up by ejection of spent rounds.

I added an elongated charging lever, longer rail BUIS, a Holosun, extended safety, and sling attachments.
Photo Aug 04, 5 01 05 PM by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I have a bid on one, hope it works out.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post