SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    MCX Owners and QD Sling Use
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCX Owners and QD Sling Use Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
Question is: The QD Sling when installed in the receiver hole. It will not rotate 360 degrees on either side.

It seems to rotate some in a small range and then if installed differently it will rotate in a larger range.

I compared it with my 516 that has the QD mount also in the receiver and it will rotate 360 degrees.

I just wonder why the MCX will not also allow the 360 degree rotation.

Thanks

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Not sure about the MCX, but many manufacturers are offering limited rotation QD points. They can cut down on swivel swirls on your stock if you have them turned the right way. My FN SCAR17s is that way.

But you are right, my Sig 516 does not offer limited rotation QD points, either.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Limited rotation swivels also prevent your sling from getting twisted up.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what Rogue said.

Also if my memory serves, my limited rotation QD points on my SCAR were upgrades from Jarod out at Parker Mountain Machine. A quick Intarweb search shows everybody and their uncle is making them.

Really, I wouldn't worry about it.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The full rotation QD sling mounts seem to be falling out of favor as compared to the newer limited rotation mounts. Since the MCX is newer than the 516, apparently Sig believes the limited rotation mounts are what people want.

HK-Guy, I don’t remember the Scar coming with QD sling mounts. Mine had loops on the gas block and on the rear of the upper for hook-type sling mounts, plus a sling loop slot at the top rear of the stock. The only QD sling mounts I’ve seen on SCARs are the aftermarket ones from PMM or KDG.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks Everyone

Roy

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post