SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Need Help With Palmetto Lower Receiver - Upper Doesn't Fit - Update in first post
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need Help With Palmetto Lower Receiver - Upper Doesn't Fit - Update in first post Login/Join 
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
Yeah, I have decided to send it back. Still waiting on a shipping label. Seems like they are willing to help, just slow.

Yep. PSA is good to go but notorious for being slow. As long as you contacted them within 30 days you're good to go; it just make take longer than normal with it being the Christmas season.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:
An out of spec PSA lower...
Ermahgerd, how did that happen?
After all, they look just like a Colt, BCM, LMT, Sionics, Daniel Defense and other proven AR's.

This will blow your mind. The same places that make lowers for Daniel Defense, BCM, Sionics, etc, ahem, make the same darn thing for PSA. I know, weird, right!

Is Aero precision good? They are ONE of the venders that supplies lowers to PSA.

I have PSA lowers that are orders of magnitude better than my Colt 6920 lowers (gasp from the group think hive).

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had the same thing happen with a MEGA lower. The upper fit perfectly on another lower I had but the one that came with it did not. Occasionally you get one that did not get checked.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by g4tx:
An out of spec PSA lower...
Ermahgerd, how did that happen?
After all, they look just like a Colt, BCM, LMT, Sionics, Daniel Defense and other proven AR's.

Sounds like somebody has a safe full of $120 stripped lowers they are trying to justify. Big Grin Razz

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Over two weeks since I contacted PSA and still haven't received the shipping label as promised. Then it still has to be shipped there, fixed, and shipped back. Not impressed with the service at all. Holidays are no excuse, it takes minutes to print a label and e-mail it.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Updated in first post. Basically, they didn't do anything. Can't use it, can't sell it. Total waste.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
That sucks.

It may be easier to fix it yourself and at least be able to use it.
Doesn't look like to much material will need to be removed to make it fit.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I have an Aero Precision that came with a tight magwell (only aluminum 30s would work, everything else was waayyy too tight), they took it back, worked on it, re coated it, and sent it back in about 2 weeks and it was fixed.

But your experience with PSA C/S is about what I would expect the two times I've had to deal with them. Slow, unresponsive, and pretty much incompetent.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobC2:
Holidays are no excuse, it takes minutes to print a label and e-mail it.

While I'm no fan of PSA, the holidays are never the best time to expect something to happen rapidly, ( such as an RMA ) at a firearms manufacturer, ( speaking from personal experience ).

Unfortunately, it's a rather more complicated process than simply printing and e-mailing an RMA.

Now, the end result of your RMA from PSA doesn't surprise me at all. I would recommend following up with them until this issue is resolved satisfactorily.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd boycott the company forever, and then take the lower to a good local gunsmith that can make it fit right for a nominal fee and be done with it (and pissed off about it for years!).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Did you contact Aero?

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Does PSA have a Facebook page? Take them to the table on the comments section where everyone sees it. I’ve had good luck with this tactic in the past when no other help was available. (With other companies)

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
They do...

https://www.facebook.com/ridgelandpsa/

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have no further luck with PSA.....
Do you know of anybody with a jig for completing 80% lowers? Borrow it and rout out the offending area. You'll end up with a bare spot, but have a fully functional lower.

Posts: 879 | Registered: December 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Why does that buffer tube have a step? Have you tried closing it without the bolt carrier installed? Do you have a proper buffer tube to try out? Many AR uppers have an elongated forward pin hole. Does Yours?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
They do...

https://www.facebook.com/ridgelandpsa/

That's a PSA store in SC near Savannah, GA. Each of the 6 stores in South Carolina have their own Facebook page. The stores are separate from the West Columbia, SC, manufacturing and internet sales.

My recommendation is to raise the issue on PSA's industry page at AR15<dot>com.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses and advice. I put up an ad locally with issues disclosed (and appropriate price reduction). I will hopefully be selling this afternoon.

posted Hide Post
I'm not an armorer, but I have been around a few M16's and AR's. Look at Jelly's post above. They buffer tube looks different than I have seen...From what I remember the buffer tube is flat and as you screw it in, it goes over the buffer retaining pin. Just looked at a Colt and a PSA and both buffer tubes ends were flat...

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
It was a complete lower with buffer tube and SBA3 brace already installed. Since the brace comes with its own buffer tube, that might be why there is a difference. Not sure.