SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Good muzzle loader for under 500?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good muzzle loader for under 500? Login/Join 
posted
Any recommendations? Will be used for deer

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a CVA Optima V2 that I've been happy with. You can pick them up for under $300 shipped.

Posts: 937 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check Midway for sales, just picked up a CVA Accura V2 for $299 shipped from them.

Posts: 160 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Thompson Impact 50 Cal for my son. I have a Contender pistol and HAD an older Thompson inline muzzle loader. Won't get into that but I have had good luck with Thompson, Thompson Center products.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
A gun that loads from the muzzle? (like these guys are mentioning)

Or something cool, like a muzzleloader. Big Grin

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Besides midway where are some good places to order from? And since its a muzzle loader I don't need an ffl right?

Posts: 3371 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At that price range I'd say a CVA but knight rifles might make something in that price range. I love my knight ultralight but that's about double your budget.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have both a TC Encore 50cal and the CVA Accura V2. They both are very good shooters but I like the Accura for how it carries when I spot and stock or hunt the swamps. It is compact.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m a Knight guy, mostly older stock ‘Elites’ and ‘Extremes’, I may be down to 5 now.

One has to be careful buying a used M-L, but you could get one of the above in your budget. You need to inspect condition or have a return period if used.

Back not to far one could easily buy a NIB Elite for $200. Those deals are pretty much gone now. Two shots, two deer on my IL deer hunt this year, 45 cal Elite.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up a used Knights .54 cal and its been amazing especially for the $100 to my door I paid for it. Great trigger, reliable inline ignition thats exposed for states that require it. I'm very happy though I shot a friends CVA and it was a good gun too. I'm not the most experienced though so I'd certainly get the consensus of the group.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Thompson Triumph, very accurate, easy to clean 50cal.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post