SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Met a member yesterday!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Met a member yesterday! Login/Join 
Picture of kimberkid
posted
I had the distinct honor of meeting our member
Citadel
!

He had came down to bring me the crowning jewel to my 55x collection!

I was a horrible host ... I really couldn't tell him of a good place to eat other that chain restaurants ... or really even a place to get a cup of coffee except for McDonalds ... or I guess we could have gone to Dennys. Anyway, he suggested Starbucks but I didn't even know where one was ... he pulled up google on his phone and I followed him ... in my own town that I've lived in for 60 years.
... sad it was, and I was a horrible host.

Anyway, that all aside, Citadel is a great guy, and has live a fantastic life in the Military, LEO & Fire fighting world, I could sit and listen to his stories for hours ... He had wrapped up his business a day early and unfortunately for me he got here a day early so Friday is a work day for me.
I could only take a long lunch hour to wrap up our transaction but we took time for a cup of coffee and talked a bit as he wanted to get on the road back home.

Hopefully he'll come back this way and have some time that we can go to the range ... and I can be a better host!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
He had came down to bring me the crowning jewel to my 55x collection!

Hmmm, that's intriguing....Care to share some details? Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
indeed....what did you get?

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Picture ? of the 55?

Posts: 1555 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
I thought you were cutting back...
It warms my heart to see you continue your collection.
My kids have an interest in my guns. My son has dibs on a Python and a P7. My daughter just got her permit. Small hands-petit--starting with Walther CCP.

Posts: 2304 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
kimberkid, after 60 years maybe you should get out and check out the town a little...although if Citadel was looking for an FFL or gun store I'm sure you could have given him not only accurate directions but specific lat. and long. coordinates and distances down to the inch. Big Grin

I've had the pleasure of meeting several members and I've thoroughly enjoyed the times I've been able to do so. We're lucky to have such an interesting, knowledgeable, and friendly group.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you landed a SIG 550-1 SP Herndon complete package including the factory plastic box and Hensoldt 4X. Wink

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Modern Day Savage, yep that's the one Smile Other than remembering the name of the pawn shop where we did the paperwork, I didn't have any problem sharing their contact info with him ... coffee shop's really aren't my thing and this one was in a grocery store so it wasn't all that comfortable but he didn't complain about the coffee! My wife would have known but she wasn't invited ... after 21 years I've found its easier to get forgiveness than permission.

SIGfourme, as to cutting back ... well, the best laid plans of mice and men.

Well, it's not like most here haven't already seen the 550 that Citadel had offered up ... I hosted his pictures and really hoped that someone else would jump up and buy it. I've been looking for a nice 550 for a over a year, maybe closer to two; ever since I found my 551 I've been thinking I need a 550. I've wanted the SiG case too but it was the factory mount and scope that just pushed me over the edge and the extra furniture is the whipped cream.

The best part is that she's not a virgin so I can shoot her, without feeling bad or depreciating the value ... in reality it won't be shot much ... unless she casts a spell over me that I just can't help myself!

Both my 551 & 552 are also LEO trade in's but this 550 is so nice that if it weren't for the markings you would never know it, it's been that well taken care of.

Here's the most of the family, I didn't include my Gen 1 & 2 556's or my P556Xi 762 ... just lazy as I didn't want to dig them out.

Top to Bottom
550-1SP
551-2SP
552-2SP
SG 553P
556P with Xi lower & MPX stock ... she's my black sheep truck gun

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Well done! I'm truly happy for you.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome. Congrats!

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3599 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
excellent!

If I did not have a deposit on a new 550P from JDI, I would have beat you to this deal.

Posts: 3089 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Those look great!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Got back Sunday Night. Good trip. Was a working trip and I worked in the Kansas branch as well. We are a community and it was a pleasure to meet Kimberkid and deliver the package. Hope to meet more of you folks in the future.

May you enjoy it as I did.

Posts: 823 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Awesome collection!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
Thanks again Citadel!
Enjoy it I will! I took it out on Monday and shot about 50 rounds, various ammo's ... my 69 grain Sierra handloads grouped the best but the 62 grain SS109's were spot on in the black without making any scope adjustments.