SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Experience Tavor X95
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Experience Tavor X95 Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
Looking for your experience with the Tavor X95. Likes? Dislikes? General info. Thanks

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My dad has a 300blkout. He loves it. Shoots very well, subs or super. He is a short guy, so bulpups are his thing.

He put a romeo 5 on it and an inforce light.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a thing for bullpups so I have the Tavor and the FN. Short but full size barrel and none of the pistol brace nonsense. Biggest plus to me on the Tavor is the caliber exchange (which is expensive, but anyway). Like all bullpups its a complicated mess internally and the stock trigger is pretty ugly. There are aftermarket improvements but $. The gun runs fine in my experience. Some specific issue let me know and I'll try and address it...

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I owned a Tavor SAR for a while and was able to take it out shooting a couple times and I was amazed at how accurate and soft shooting it was. I had to sell it not long ago unfortunately. I have never had an X95 so I can't comment on them but if it is anything like the SAR, you can't go wrong.

Posts: 6840 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks, appreciate that. I had an X95 offered to me at a sub $950 price. It’s practically new..
quote:
Originally posted by hrcjon:
I have a thing for bullpups so I have the Tavor and the FN. Short but full size barrel and none of the pistol brace nonsense. Biggest plus to me on the Tavor is the caliber exchange (which is expensive, but anyway). Like all bullpups its a complicated mess internally and the stock trigger is pretty ugly. There are aftermarket improvements but $. The gun runs fine in my experience. Some specific issue let me know and I'll try and address it...

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I have the 556 version. Didn’t suppress well. Gassy.

It’s great for what it is. I broke my charging handle last year and ordered a replacement. Haven’t gotten around to replacing it. I get bored easily.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Thanks, appreciate that. I had an X95 offered to me at a sub $950 price. It’s practically new..
That's a must buy. Shoot it, don't like it, sell it for $1200 or more.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, buy it. That is a hell of a price!
I love mine, especially after I put a lightning bow trigger on it. It’s also surprisingly simple too, even if you don’t keep it you’ll easily sell it for a good profit

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Great timing, I’m looking at one as well. I’d never held one until last week and loved the way it felt.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reassurance. I’m doing the deal
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
That's a must buy. Shoot it, don't like it, sell it for $1200 or more.

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I’m a big fan of the X95. My 300blk one is probably my most frequently shot rifle. The trigger on the 95 is much better than the one on the Tavor. They can be had for $1,400 new if you are patient, so sub 1k for that condition is a no brainer imo.

I shoot mine suppressed all the time. No issues at all.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
It's a SAR not an X95, but my Tavor with a few accessories (Aimpoint T-2, Elzetta light mounted in an aftermarket handguard, Silencerco Omega, and Geissele trigger) is my under-the-bed-safe gun. It shoots great, has been totally reliable, and is super compact, even with the suppressor attached.

The bolt holdopen is a little awkward, and the gun is kind of heavy, but I really like it.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I have the 556 version. Didn’t suppress well. Gassy.

It’s great for what it is. I broke my charging handle last year and ordered a replacement. Haven’t gotten around to replacing it. I get bored easily.

Bullpups are always going to be gassy since the upper part of your face is usually right over the ejection port. Shot my 5.56 X95 with a can and even though I had the unused left side ejection port sealed and didn’t notice any gas leakage from the joint between the top rail and the stock, my right eye was stinging after only a few rounds.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a used one in 9mm for $1000. It’s a pretty nifty gun. I ran it one time in a dteel Challenge and it was blazingly fast with zero hiccups. I should add that even though it’s a full sized rifle it’s overall shorter than most of my sbrs.

Posts: 612 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: March 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I got a X95 few months ago. I would get that at that price if I came across something around that price. I paid $1699 for mine. It is gassy when fired suppressed. Not much worse than my SBRd 5.56.

I like that it feels like SBR. Mine is 16 inch barrel. I added Manticore Arms buttstock, safety levers and ejection port (other side) plate. I also have a Manticor Arms Switchback charging handle that I have not installed yet. I really like mine.

Posts: 1879 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I took mine to the range yesterday and loved it. I like it way better than any AR in 5.56 that I have ever fired.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I really like mine and it would be my patrol rifle if my department allowed it.

That said, I handled a Steyr AUG in the store (NATO version, otherwise it would be home with me now) and I liked it.........just a bit better than my X95, as I liked the way the AUG shouldered.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I love mine! I will soon try it suppressed. I hear if you use a 308 sized suppressor rather that a .556 you get less gas in the face.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
I love mine! I will soon try it suppressed. I hear if you use a 308 sized suppressor rather that a .556 you get less gas in the face.

I was using a .30 cal Griffin Paladin. It was pretty bad.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I used a 5.56 and .30 cal suppressor. It’s still bad. I bought one of those vent blocks and it didn’t really make a difference.

I installed the Geissele trigger in mine.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post