Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Null Login/Join 
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I know there is a push to reclassify silencers as non-NFA items. I'm hoping the popularity of these items, and, hopefully, there being a non-issue as far as criminal activity is concerned, could lead to a push to reclassify SBRs as well.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want to buy one. They are not available.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
The more I read about this brace, the more certain I am to buy it. Hope they're spinning up production.... looks like it will sell big time.

These braces (writ large, not just GHW) have really made things more fun. It's easier to find locations to shoot pistol calibers & now shooting them is more fun. I hope this trend continues, things are looking up!

Posts: 2397 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10052 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I emailed them several days ago asking how long before they would be available and if I could be notified when they were. I received no reply.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did Within hours. They sent me a sign in log and I'll Be notified when they are available.

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
God, how I love the free market.

No matter how bad the government fucks something up the free market will either find a way to fix it or find a way around it.

I have always hated the braces that were out there. They are truly poor substitutes for a real SBR with a real rifle stock. This GHW brace really may seem to change that.

I'm interested.

Posts: 1604 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any updates!!!!

posted Hide Post
These for sale yet!

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the SB letter inspired these guys to send in for another review in hopes of getting a different assessment letter.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it really worth the probably more than 5-10k in legal fees to defend yourself against the "boys" when you are caught using it as a SBR rather than a brace? ATF seems to change their opinions monthly, do you really want to be the first test case? I think not. IMHO.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by blasto:
Is it really worth the probably more than 5-10k in legal fees to defend yourself against the "boys" when you are caught using it as a SBR rather than a brace? ATF seems to change their opinions monthly, do you really want to be the first test case? I think not. IMHO.

My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah it's a smart ass meme but of the members here that actually own "braced" AR / AK / MPX etc. pistols, who is honestly sweating ATF prosecution on this ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:

I would love to see one person that has ever been arrested and prosecuted.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3639 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. Working all weekend, will post up a review with some pics next week. Very high quality. Very simple, works great.

Posts: 728 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I like it but I already SBR'd all my pistols that had braces on them the last time they reversed their opinion of shouldering a brace.

Now the only pistols I have that I'd like a stock on are HK's ... and I only shoot them with my registered sear installed, that being the case, with the sear installed I can put on a stock too.

What really sucks is that I have 4-5 braces from the first go-a-round that are, for all practical purposes ... Worthless.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5705 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
quote:

You think I'm going to pay 10k to defend myself for shooting my pistol the way I want? I disagree with you.

Posts: 2397 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post