SIGforum
Null

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/3840047614

January 06, 2017, 10:22 AM
BBMW
Null
I know there is a push to reclassify silencers as non-NFA items. I'm hoping the popularity of these items, and, hopefully, there being a non-issue as far as criminal activity is concerned, could lead to a push to reclassify SBRs as well.
January 06, 2017, 10:44 AM
10x Sniper
I just want to buy one. They are not available.

January 06, 2017, 08:30 PM
arabiancowboy
The more I read about this brace, the more certain I am to buy it. Hope they're spinning up production.... looks like it will sell big time.

These braces (writ large, not just GHW) have really made things more fun. It's easier to find locations to shoot pistol calibers & now shooting them is more fun. I hope this trend continues, things are looking up!
January 06, 2017, 09:49 PM
Excam_Man

January 07, 2017, 12:37 AM
BRL
I emailed them several days ago asking how long before they would be available and if I could be notified when they were. I received no reply.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

January 07, 2017, 08:11 AM
10x Sniper
I did Within hours. They sent me a sign in log and I'll Be notified when they are available.

January 07, 2017, 10:16 AM
OcCurt
God, how I love the free market.

No matter how bad the government fucks something up the free market will either find a way to fix it or find a way around it.

I have always hated the braces that were out there. They are truly poor substitutes for a real SBR with a real rifle stock. This GHW brace really may seem to change that.

I'm interested.
January 11, 2017, 05:50 PM
10x Sniper
Any updates!!!!

April 28, 2017, 03:11 PM
10x Sniper
These for sale yet!

April 28, 2017, 03:19 PM
Il Cattivo
I wonder if the SB letter inspired these guys to send in for another review in hopes of getting a different assessment letter.
April 28, 2017, 03:40 PM
blasto
Is it really worth the probably more than 5-10k in legal fees to defend yourself against the "boys" when you are caught using it as a SBR rather than a brace? ATF seems to change their opinions monthly, do you really want to be the first test case? I think not. IMHO.
April 28, 2017, 04:05 PM
10x Sniper
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by blasto:
Is it really worth the probably more than 5-10k in legal fees to defend yourself against the "boys" when you are caught using it as a SBR rather than a brace? ATF seems to change their opinions monthly, do you really want to be the first test case? I think not. IMHO.

April 28, 2017, 05:22 PM
GrumpyBiker
quote:

Yeah it's a smart ass meme but of the members here that actually own "braced" AR / AK / MPX etc. pistols, who is honestly sweating ATF prosecution on this ?

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

April 28, 2017, 05:40 PM
David W
quote:

I would love to see one person that has ever been arrested and prosecuted.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles
April 28, 2017, 09:56 PM
Sauer Kraut
Got mine today. Working all weekend, will post up a review with some pics next week. Very high quality. Very simple, works great.
April 30, 2017, 08:03 PM
kimberkid
I like it but I already SBR'd all my pistols that had braces on them the last time they reversed their opinion of shouldering a brace.

Now the only pistols I have that I'd like a stock on are HK's ... and I only shoot them with my registered sear installed, that being the case, with the sear installed I can put on a stock too.

What really sucks is that I have 4-5 braces from the first go-a-round that are, for all practical purposes ... Worthless.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
May 01, 2017, 08:37 AM
arabiancowboy
quote:

You think I'm going to pay 10k to defend myself for shooting my pistol the way I want? I disagree with you.