Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Im in for a few of those.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I like it. Seems like it would work well for both brace purposes - the official one and the "wink wink" one.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmarv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
I like it. Seems like it would work well for both brace purposes - the official one and the "wink wink" one.

I noticed he pointed out that it was a registered SBR he was using. But, that does look like a really nice option for pistol braces. It appears that could be pretty useful.

Joe
_______
P6, P226 .40, P232, SP2009 (Schwyz), P220 9mm (Geneva), P226 9mm (St. Gallen), P320SC

Posts: 465 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: October 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I will be buying one of these (the first one shown) if they're not absurdly priced.
Though it's tough to beat the Shockwsve Blade at their price.
For legitimate one hand shooting this solves the nose heavy issue.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These available?

Posts: 3483 | Location: Illinois | Registered: September 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Not in stock

http://www.shop.gearheadworks....83E1.p3plqscsfapp003

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested depending on price.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why don't they quote a price? Afraid they might scare a bunch of people away? Seems very odd to me, IMHO.

Posts: 971 | Registered: January 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Best I've found is the MSRP - $100

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I like the look of them, I have used both Sig Brace and KAK shockwave and I prefer the Shockwave. I think this would trump both of those and still make it *wink wink* a brace.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
I very much want to put it on my 7.5"
I'd love to see how that improves 1handed shooting with that thing.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm....hopefully this is vaporware, cause if not

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I have the Sig Brace (.300 BO), Shockwave (no pic) and Sylvan brace (9mm). IMO each one of them is worthless as a brace but I'm ok with that as I really don't see any value in shooting like that. The value for me is being able TJ have a larger caliber weapon I can have with a short barrel. So far I judge the different braces by primarily 2 characteristics -

Ability to get a comfortable cheekweld (because I know I'm not likely to use it as an arm brace).
I'll rank these as follows
- Sylvan - rubber material is good on the check large enough to have it dispersed on the check, small enough to be compact for carrying in a bag. If I ever needed to in a pinch I believe this would shoulder comfortably especially on the 9mm I have it on. Worthless as a brace. Designed to be strapped on top of the arm, very difficult and uncomfortable to aim one handed.
- KAK Shockwave - This was tough, I likes it's compactness but the comfort of the Sylvan nudged it out of first. Very compact, plastic not quite as comfortable as the rubber but still not bad. Conceals / packs very easily. Disclaimer: I've not yet shot with this. I mounted it to a pistol and held it to the cheek which was good. Took it off with plans to put it on with my LAW folding stock adapter and haven't got around to that yet on my 5.56 build. Again, alignment and fucking around to strap it on makes it worthless as a brace. Again, I don't care.
- SB15 Just because I list this one last doesn't mean it's a turd. Reasonably comfortable on the cheek but bulky. Doesn't conceal or pack well because it's bulky. And, it's bulky. Shoulders well if you have the stamp. Of the three it's the best as an arm brace. I've strapped it on once and don't expect I'll ever do it again.

It looks like the Gear Works will fill all of thes roles AND serve as s functional arm brace. I'd say if one was reduced to shooting this one handed (hopefully right handed if I'm imagining this correctly) it would work very well. Looks like a very good cheek weld, especially Mod 2, conceals well and could shoulder well if needed or allowed. I hoped eventually someone would come up with a design of a brace that would be truly functional in all regards.

These guys are going to be wealthy.

My SB15

My Sylvan

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Yea......I'll buy more than one of those.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I like it. As a lefty one of the things I always look for is reversibility for ambi use. This appears to have it.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The video says that GHW has acceptance letters from the ATF. This would make it as legal as any of these type of devices.

I'm still waiting for a test case when the ATF goes after someone for using one of these as a stock (because I'm suuuurrrrreeeee no one ever does that.)

quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Was sent this video from a friend. Looks like some pretty interesting products. Although the second brace on a standard AR buffer tube seems questionable from a legal standpoint.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I got a Million of 'em!
posted Hide Post
They have images of it attached to the telescoping tube on an MP5 too. That's sweet. Not sure how it works like that but it's still awesome.

Posts: 8145 | Location: Hiram, GA. | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I like it!

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post