SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M&P 15 MOE Mid Lenght, $700, Is It a Good Price?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 15 MOE Mid Lenght, $700, Is It a Good Price? Login/Join 
posted
I saw this M&P on CDNN for $700 and was wondering if this price is good for this AR? I wanted another investment rifle in case ther is some type of ban in a few years.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/smi...__SID=U#.WslqjS7waUk

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 879 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Locally the standard M&P AR15 (carbine length) rifles are running $650+...Bud's online are over a grand for the mid length MOE...if I were looking to buy a new AR, with the Magpul upgrades plus it being a mid length gas system (I am a fan), that is a good buy IMHO...S&W is a recognizable name (which will be a plus in resale if you choose) and I don't see them being any cheaper in price in the future.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
Better features, for less money:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...-set-5165447592.html
+
http://palmettostatearmory.com...o-magazine-7065.html

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'd take a S&W over a PSA anything, any day of the week.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
My friends and I have lots of PSA stuff. It all runs great. No reason to pay more just to have S&W rollmarks on your AR.

"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want." - William Tecumseh Sherman

Posts: 12591 | Location: Nomad | Registered: January 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the feedback. I did some more research on CDNN Sports and some reviews stated that the incrediable deal on a new gun was not so great because they were sent a "used" gun that they could not return.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My son had a S&W M&P II on order (his 1st) at the LGS for around $625.
For any number of reasons, they kept delaying or messing up the order - on the 3rd try---the LGS manager sez to my son "You've been really patient with us - tell ya what - if you're willing to pay another $75 (total to $700 now) do you want this?"

And he walks out the door with a NEW Colt 6720 - the AR-15 A4 with 16-in barrel and a 20-round Pmag.

Proud of ma boy - he dun good Big Grin

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4562 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
My son had a S&W M&P II on order (his 1st) at the LGS for around $625.
For any number of reasons, they kept delaying or messing up the order - on the 3rd try---the LGS manager sez to my son "You've been really patient with us - tell ya what - if you're willing to pay another $75 (total to $700 now) do you want this?"

And he walks out the door with a NEW Colt 6720 - the AR-15 A4 with 16-in barrel and a 20-round Pmag.

Proud of ma boy - he dun good Big Grin

Great deal. Actually I wnat the Colt 6720. It was $831 on GrabAGun in Dec but now $931 and out of stock.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why, exactly? There is nothing special about the AR offerings from S&W.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Except I’m more confident S&W will be around in 10 to 30 years than PSA.

And since the OP said “investment rifle”, it would be a more recognizable name if the “potential ban” he worries about comes to fruition. (Not that I’m supporting his line of thinking). But to say that S&W’s name wont be much more recognizable to an un-firearm-educated than PSA is folly IMO.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:

Except I’m more confident S&W will be around in 10 to 30 years than PSA.

And since the OP said “investment rifle”, it would be a more recognizable name if the “potential ban” he worries about comes to fruition. (Not that I’m supporting his line of thinking). But to say that S&W’s name wont be much more recognizable to an un-firearm-educated than PSA is folly IMO.

I have an AR built on an Essential Arms lower that I'm guessing a good number of people would have to look up to know something about, but is worth more than any generic Smith now, and in a ban, much more so. And yet, many have hardly ever heard of it.

Who ever said S&W would be unrecognizable? Also, to suggest that PSA won't be just as recognizable in 10-30 years is a little premature. At the rate they sell rifles, lowers, uppers, build kits, etc., PSA may eclipse S&W in notoriety when one thinks of AR platforms.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15502 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone else have any opionions or advice on trust factor with CDNN Sports? My original post was whether this price was good. Also, will they send the rifle new and the model that they advertised? Any views on these issues would be appreciated.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
It's been 14 years since I purchased a firearm from CDNN. They were fine back then.

Armed and Gregarious
Picture of DMF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:Also, to suggest that PSA won't be just as recognizable in 10-30 years is a little premature. At the rate they sell rifles, lowers, uppers, build kits, etc., PSA may eclipse S&W in notoriety when one thinks of AR platforms.
My thoughts exactly.

If, and that's a big if, there is a "ban" in the future, if firearms purchased prior to the ban are transferable prices will go up, even for stuff that's outright junk, and PSA stuff is definitely NOT junk. Hell, look at what happened to the price of transferable MAC-10 machineguns, and those are absolutely junk.

posted Hide Post
No issues with CDNN here.

The DO sell some used guns but IME they are clearly marked as such.

I wonder if you are referring to an instance where someone didn't pay close enough attention to the description and was angry when they got what was advertised.

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Investment - The key word in the OP’s first post...During the pre-election frenzy and over the last several post school shootings when there were “Assult Weapon Ban Fears” the selling prices for brand name AR’s like Colt, Bushmaster, and S&W were significantly higher based on their purchase price vs. lesser known name AR’s.

Not saying either is a bad investment but being a guy that had bought, sold,and shot AR-15’s for 35 years I always look at major brand name companies like the ones I mentioned above when buying for investment purposes....Even a well taken care of used Colt or S&W AR will bring top dollar durng these times....Just my opinion....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMHO This is a FAR better deal:

https://www.eurooptic.com/FN-1...1.aspx?homepage_link

Current military supplier for under $789. I picked one up and it is a very nice.........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
You also get an Inforce WML with it...that's $130-$150 light!

quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
IMHO This is a FAR better deal:

https://www.eurooptic.com/FN-1...1.aspx?homepage_link

Current military supplier for under $789. I picked one up and it is a very nice.........dj

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FN would be a quality gun no doubt.

they have been making machine guns and ARs for the US Army for decades.

caveat - if it matters - that one lists a heavy barrel profile.

some people want that - some don't.

probably makes the gun a half pound heavier...

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Took the plunge this AM. AR arrives on Thur. My FFL is on their list. Makes me feel more confident in purchase. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.