SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    M&P 15 MOE Mid Lenght, $700, Is It a Good Price?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M&P 15 MOE Mid Lenght, $700, Is It a Good Price? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
FN would be a quality gun no doubt.

they have been making machine guns and ARs for the US Army for decades.

caveat - if it matters - that one lists a heavy barrel profile.

some people want that - some don't.

probably makes the gun a half pound heavier...

-------------------------------------

FN are great guns and maybe better but I like the S&W warranty so I ordered this AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Democracy is 2 Wolves & a Lamb debating the lunch menu.

Liberty is a well armed Lamb!

Posts: 883 | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know you already ordered but a Ruger MPR is hard to beat in the sub $700, and sometimes even sub $600 price range.

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 969 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
I know you already ordered but a Ruger MPR is hard to beat in the sub $700, and sometimes even sub $600 price range.

That is a good price but in Dec I bought a M&P II Sport for 489 from GAG. The only other AR I need now/want is the M&P 15TS. It weighs about 6 lbs which is good for me. Disadvantage is the pinned and welded flash hider since it has a 14.5 barrel. Would only buy if I got a great price.

The other AR I like is a BCM Reece LWR with a thin barrel. It weighs 5.8 lbs. but usually sells for around USD 1300 to 1400. Maybe I will look for deals on pistols.

Thanks for the post. Happy shooting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted Hide Post
Excellent. Please give us a range report when you can!

----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up the CDNN M&P MOE AR15 (1:8 5 R) from my FFL. Rifle is brand new. Put it away for now. I like the pencil barrel and it feels much lighter than my SIG M400 enchanced even though there is only a 3/4 lbs difference.

One of two other AR that I would like are the Colt 6720 (pencil barrel) or the M&P 15TS (14.5" barrel, flash hidder pinned and welded). I will keep my eyes out for great deals.

I am very happy. Thanks to everyone for all of the advice.