SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Is There No Full (Mannlicher) Stocked 6.5x55 Rifle On The Market Today?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is There No Full (Mannlicher) Stocked 6.5x55 Rifle On The Market Today? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted
So I was screwing around on the internet and thinking about mm6mm6's .30-'06, and I couldn't find any newly manufactured Mannlicher-stocked bolt action rifles chambered for the 6.5x55 (any 6.5x55, or 54, or anything of the kind) being offered for sale.

I'm just curious rather than actually shopping, but does anyone know of such a rifle?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Sako 85 Bavarian Carbine

I’d post a link if I wasn’t posting from my phone, but it’s listed on Sako’s site.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Sure CZ 557 FS Edit I take that back I don't see it in 6.5x55.

https://www.czub.cz/en/produkt...vnice/cz-557-fs.html

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Ruger made an M77 RSI (their full stock designation) 6.5x55 in stainless. I don't think it was cataloged, but was a distributor special. They come up on GunBroker or the Ruger boards from time to time.

Ruger also made a #1 with that full stock in that caliber.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
Ruger made an M77 RSI (their full stock designation) 6.5x55 in stainless. I don't think it was cataloged, but was a distributor special. They come up on GunBroker or the Ruger boards from time to time.

Ruger also made a #1 with that full stock in that caliber.

Yep, the #1 is available right now.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ I hear you, but this is one case where I was curious about a classic cartridge in a (fairly?) classic package.

quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Sure CZ 557 FS Edit I take that back I don't see it in 6.5x55.

Second place I looked. Steyr USA and Steyr Mannlicher definitely haven't brought them back yet either.

quote:
Originally posted by bryanZ06:
Sako 85 Bavarian Carbine

That's the kiddie I was looking for. Now to figure out how to scrounge together $2,300 worth of disposable income...

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post