SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Anyone own an LWRC Ultra Compact Stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone own an LWRC Ultra Compact Stock? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted
I'm trying to figure out how wide (thick) it is, but I can't find any specs. No measurements, no photos from the top down.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
I got one. Lemme go get it and measure.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
2" wide

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much.

What's you're over all impression. Curious what you use it for, how you like it and if you'd buy again.

...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
I got it because I bought a 8" 300 blackout SBR and wanted something smaller than a normal stock but didn't want to pay for a PDW stock. It is smaller while still handing identically to what I am used to. I am a big guy and it is comfortable to shoulder at it's furthest extension. While not having additional unneeded room for Shrek or Goliath to use the gun. I would absolutely buy again it is well made and has been issue free with 5.56 and 300 blackout

Some issues....if you need a heavier buffer it will cost you as much as the stock. Everything on it proprietary the spring, the buffer the buffer tube...if LWRC stops making parts for it, you won't be able to find them easily. It had issues with my 22" 6.5 Grendel upper.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
It had issues with my 22" 6.5 Grendel upper.

Hmm... that's not good. 6.5 is one of the uppers I use on the lower I was thinking of using it on.

Picture of ed308
posted Hide Post
I've got the compact stock that came with my Six8. Too small IMO. I think the Ultra is even smaller. But maybe if I had a Six8 UCIW I'd learned to like it.

Posts: 605 | Location: DFW Area | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hey! I like stuff
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 10.5" suppressed SBR, runs perfectly. I really like the smaller form factor for this particular AR, if you can wait until they do a sale it was a good deal.

Posts: 2756 | Location: Sterling, VA | Registered: July 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
I got it because I bought a 8" 300 blackout SBR and wanted something smaller than a normal stock but didn't want to pay for a PDW stock. It is smaller while still handing identically to what I am used to. I am a big guy and it is comfortable to shoulder at it's furthest extension. While not having additional unneeded room for Shrek or Goliath to use the gun. I would absolutely buy again it is well made and has been issue free with 5.56 and 300 blackout

Some issues....if you need a heavier buffer it will cost you as much as the stock. Everything on it proprietary the spring, the buffer the buffer tube...if LWRC stops making parts for it, you won't be able to find them easily. It had issues with my 22" 6.5 Grendel upper.

That was my main reason for not picking one up. Heavybuffers.com sells a heavy buffer made for the LWRC but it's $150 if you want the buffer spring as well. I was able to track one down for $99 shipped but didn't want to take a gamble that it would run reliably on my setup shooting 5.56 and 300 BLK both super and subs suppressed.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The buffer is just cut down, I assume with all tungsten in it. Thought about trying to make one. Hmm.....

But realistically, if I really wanted to go with that stock, it would be cheaper to just go adjustable gas on the 6.5 upper. With a FA carrier and an H2 buffer, it's still over gassed and violent. Honestly I should do that either way. Smile

...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigP239Hokie:
I have one on a 10.5" suppressed SBR, runs perfectly. I really like the smaller form factor for this particular AR, if you can wait until they do a sale it was a good deal.

I have been looking at getting a 10.5 or 12" SBR in 6.5 any idea what velocities you are getting with it?

posted Hide Post

White business card for reference

I like the stock, gun is for fun, goal was shortest non-nfa. 14.5" pinned with a mid-length gas system. I shoot 55-64gr and have had no issues.

I'm 5'11" with proprtional reach and like third position extended of the four possible.

Posts: 236 | Location: SDF | Registered: January 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post