SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Styer AUG?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Styer AUG? Login/Join 
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGfourme:
What's the opinion on the Microtech AUG Clone?
Last seen in 2007...

My dad has one with a boatload of magazines, LNIB, that he picked up during the Panic of 2012. I handled it when I got home from Afghanistan and couldn't help but snarl "nobody kills him but me" with a German accent. I'm a died in the wool AR guy and was frankly super impressed with the build quality - especially considering its status as a clone, it felt very solid.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5542 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimberkid:
I only shoot mine with the NATO stock, and yes it does have the last round hold open ... its been so long ago I don't remember if the original design has that or not ...

Some guy have seen this before, and some are probably tired of seeing it whenever an AUG thread is brought up ... but here's mine and the accessories / options I've acquired over the years;

Ammo pouch, holds 4 30rnd mags; Black and Green Bayonets; 16", 20"(the number matching original) and 24" barrels; Brass Catcher, factory scope with bikini covers; sling, stripper clips; muzzle cover; gun pictured with optional optic rail and NATO stock; 42, 30 and 10 round mags, owners manual; factory target; Original stock with 30 round mag ... and I forgot the cover that keep the cleaning kit from falling out of the butt stock when you remove the butt pad ... I'm always forgetting something!

Same here. Mine is also always used with a NATO stock. The a1/a2 has the same bolt hold open as the NATO.

---------------------------------------------
"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2322 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
There is a NATO stock kit that you can install that will accept AR magazines. You do lose the last round bolt hold open feature though.

You do not. The a1/a2 stock lacks the external bolt release lever of the A3. It has a bolt hold open, but this can only be released by retracting the charging handle either with the mag removed or on a loaded mag.

"AND YEA THOUGH THE HINDUS SPEAK OF KARMA, I IMPLORE YOU...GIVE HER A BREAK, LORD". - Clark W. Griswald

Posts: 2322 | Location: The South | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steyr has been dropping hints on social media that the supposedly impossible .300 Blackout version of the AUG is in fact coming. I can assure you that money will be flying out of wallet at that point!

Posts: 34 | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Where's the best place to purchase an AUG?

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I used to have a good friend with an ffl, he retired so I generally keep an eye out when I go to the range, I go to every fun-show for a couple hundred miles that I can ... as I really enjoy the hunt.

I also like finding the unexpected treasures on my bucket list and lastly, I don't mind making a deal on a used firearm/accessory ... but for a specific item like an AUG, I'll shop on GunBroker, build a search and get notifications and have found several good deals that way too ... my best was an HK SR9T barreled receiver for $1300

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:

Look to Pete Athens; 25+ years in the business..
From the A3 M1/SF, the A3 CQC to parts ...

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
quote:
Originally posted by Monk:

Look to Pete Athens; 25+ years in the business..
From the A3 M1/SF, the A3 CQC to parts ...

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com

Exactly. Pete is the man for all things AUG. I don't deal with anyone else when buying AUGs or AUG parts.

Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
+1 with Josh ... Smile

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I hate this thread sometimes. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

I hear you. I was considering buying a AUG, but will wait until my NEXT royalty check. I already bought a Ruger MK. IV Lite and a CZ Evo Scorpion.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I don't have that excuse - so far this year I haven't bought much in the way of firearm stuff. Some new magazines to try out and parts here or there, but that is it. Wink

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Buy one. Be happy.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1. .300Blk AUG? Yes please!

Posts: 1283 | Location: TX | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I shouldn't have saved my mags from my MSAR E4.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
Buy one. Be happy.
Yeah, I might have to put a couple of safe dwellers up for sacrifice and eat Ramin on my next work trip to get a NATO version with the long rail.

Something appealing about a 16" barrel in a SBR size package.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EBRfan:
quote:

+1. .300Blk AUG? Yes please!

Ditto ... since all it would take is a barrel, and the AUG has a QD barrel, its surprising that someone hasn't made one yet!

If I could have a barrel re-cut for 300BO I'd buy another barrel just so I could have one!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My A3 weights nine pounds with scope and sling. Has anyone tried to lighten theirs or have suggestions as to how to do so?

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pony220:
My A3 weights nine pounds with scope and sling. Has anyone tried to lighten theirs or have suggestions as to how to do so?

Is that weight with a loaded 30 round magazine?
Or rifle and magazine empty?

I'll weigh mine tonight - with an ACOG 1.5x16s, sling and loaded 30 round magazine.

Kerry Packer

posted Hide Post
Without a magazine.

Posts: 329 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post