SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Burris PEPR QD mount?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris PEPR QD mount? Login/Join 
posted
I recently purchased a 1-4 scope and looking at some mounts, I came across a good deal on a Burris PEPR QD mount and was wondering is they are any good. I don't much about optics and mounts, I will be using the mount with a Steiner P4xi 1-4 on an AR15. Is this mount go to go?

Posts: 931 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
I have one on a 20" AR-15.
It seems solid but I don't know how it will hold up as I have only had it on there for about a month.
I have not removed it and reinstalled it to check zero, so I couldn't tell you if it will hold zero on reinstallation.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
I don't have the QD version, but I got one as a package deal when I bought my Vortex Strike Eagle. No complaints.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had one for quite a while, it was pretty reliable. Mine was not the quick release. It kept 0 when taking it on and off my rifle if, i put it on the same spot on the piccatiny rail, and torqued the nuts down to the same poundage.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
I've run both the 30 & 34 mm non-QD verions for years and have no complaints... For the hell of it even threw it on top of a SCAR 17 for 5-600 rounds and it never budged! If it can hold up to a SCAR, it'll hold up against just about anything...

Posts: 1244 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of samnev
posted Hide Post
I've used both the QD and fixed PEPR mount for a number of years and never had a problem with either model.

Posts: 1836 | Location: Arizona | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post