SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    How/What to clean a sticky Synthetic stock?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How/What to clean a sticky Synthetic stock? Login/Join 
posted
I have a Fabarm semi auto shotgun that I've had for around 7 years. The synthetic stock has turned kind of sticky or tacky.....if you put you're hands on it and grip it anywhere, your fingers will almost stick to it, like putting your finger on the glue part of a post it note. What can I clean it with that will take the stickiness away without harming it?

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
That happens with some coatings when they come in contact to some gun cleaning products. I had a cheap red dot that had a sort of rubbery feeling coating on it that did the same thing. Never did clean it up. Pretty sure I’ll have to strip the whole finish off.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I did a quick Google search and came up with a baking soda and water paste as the solution. Maybe try it on a small area first?

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post