SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Who Amongst Us Has Owned a Mail-Order Anti-Tank Rifle?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who Amongst Us Has Owned a Mail-Order Anti-Tank Rifle? Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
Having savored a snort or two of rye whisky it struck me as a capital endevour to watch some Disney WWII cartoons. This obscure short about using the Boys Anti-Tank Rifle presented on YT. Our more senior SF members may remember that the NRA American Rifleman circa 1963 advertised the Boys Anti-Tank Rifle for $57.00.

Did you, or did someone that you know, buy an Anti-Rank Rifle?

https://youtu.be/9iL_6IyH9gs

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've signed for two anti-tank missile launchers once.

I thought the ammo for those in now a collectors item?

Posts: 4546 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid in the early 80s I bought a British PIAT at a pawn shop for about $100. My mom sold it at a garage sale when I was in college!

Posts: 2465 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I'd give my left nut (right one is out of the question ) for a M3 Carl Gustav & crate of HEAT 655 CS 84-mm ammunition Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I had a Lahti 20mm anti-tank rifle in the 1980s. It came with several magazines and some cleaning accessories. Even back then ammo was $40 per shot. I took it to several NFL shoots and it never failed to impress. In addition to the high cost of shooting it, the dang thing weighed about 135 pounds, which has meant it was nice to have a buddy around to help move it around. Sometimes we had to carry it several hundred yards to the firing line. It was a real hoot to shoot. You knew this thing was hammering the target. I started to get nervous because it would not fit in any of my safes, and my son's friends began to blab about it. I eventually traded it for a nice military Thompson.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post