SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    10.5" Palmetto AR pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10.5" Palmetto AR pistol Login/Join 
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted
They got me again. $339 shipped for the complete upper, SBa3 brace and LPK. I supplied the Spikes lower. $439 for a complete AR pistol is quite nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: badcopnodonut!!,

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
They got me for the 10.5" Shockwave version for $259 shipped with upper and LPK. I already had a stripped PSA lower and mags so all I had to buy was the MagPul BUIS. Trying to decide on an optic now. For everything in the picture including the mag and rear sight I am at just under $430. That includes transfer fees (for the lower), shipping and tax.

It isn't a great picture but I just finished it tonight so I have yet to take it outside for some good shots Wink

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
They got me for the 10.5" Shockwave version for $259 shipped with upper and LPK. I already had a stripped PSA lower and mags so all I had to buy was the MagPul BUIS. Trying to decide on an optic now. For everything in the picture including the mag and rear sight I am at just under $430. That includes transfer fees (for the lower), shipping and tax.

It isn't a great picture but I just finished it tonight so I have yet to take it outside for some good shots Wink

I got the same one. I went with a carry handle sight for mine. I wanted something rugged for a truck gun.

Posts: 934 | Location: WV | Registered: May 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaybirdaccountant:

I got the same one. I went with a carry handle sight for mine. I wanted something rugged for a truck gun.

Yeah I kinda want a carry handle too because I think it will look sweet. I think I am going to start with a red dot and then transfer that and the Magpul BUIS to my next AR and finish this with a carry handle.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking build...

I bought one of the PSA 10.5" full float uppers last year and used it on an AERO lower with a PSA lower parts kit using a Toms Tactical nickel Teflon trigger (with a LAW folder/Shockwave Blade)...after well over 3000 rounds of steel case Wolf and various brass cased stuff, it has been perfect (it's the favorite AR at the family shoots Smile)...I have never had an issue with PSA (especially for the quality, value and price point) Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
That’s very slick Bisley.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
My PSA AR pistol ran about the same and has yet to see any hiccups.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
Add mine to the pile. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though.

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Really liking the look of these carry handles, going to have to do one of those!

IDPA ESP SS

Posts: 964 | Location: Nashville, TN | Registered: January 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonDaddy82:
Really liking the look of these carry handles, going to have to do one of those!

Yeah me too. PSA has been out of stock on them for a bit now. I’m waiting for one to come back in stock.

Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity what ammo are you guys using? I’ve got a bunch of XM193 but I’ve never had a 1:7 twist 10.5” AR before.

Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
Out of curiosity what ammo are you guys using? I’ve got a bunch of XM193 but I’ve never had a 1:7 twist 10.5” AR before.

I use 55gr softpoint ammo. I roll my own.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I love mine. I just added the Anti-rotational pins, Extended magazine release, and BAD Lever.

Sept 16 Rt by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Sep 16 LT by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Anyone reading this who may be thinking about a 10.5 AR pistol...PSA is running a crazy deal right now. For 450 with free shipping you get a complete upper, LPK, 10 Pmags, a MBUS and a Vortex Sparc optic.

If I didn't just buy mine I would be all over this.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...-sight-10-pmags.html

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Love my 10.5” PSA AR pistol!

A guy at the range today had a 300 blackout version as well (I believe with the 8 or 9 inch barrel) and it was a blast to shoot too! Great fit and finish and it ran perfectly just like my 556 one.

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
Shot my 10.5 PSA today for the first time. KAK blade was fine, no issues. Very impressed, ran like a champ and accurate with irons only. Man is it loud and you have to love the fireball.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Too bad they only do a 10.5. That has to be over gassed like a mother effer. They should have came out with a proper 11.5 that has much better dwell time, so that you don't have to have such a huge gas port.

BCM refused to make a 10.5 for years as they said an 11.5 would be much more reliable due to the dwell time.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Every so often Palmetto does a run with 11.5" upper.

https://palmettostatearmory.co...r-ch-5165447558.html

Last time they were $179.00 shipped. Could not turn that down.

Posts: 1755 | Location: El Paso, Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Too bad they only do a 10.5. That has to be over gassed like a mother effer.

Adjustable Gas BCG

Pick one of these up, flip the new BCG that came with the kit and pay about $65 net for this and solve any overgas problems.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Too bad they only do a 10.5. That has to be over gassed like a mother effer.

Adjustable Gas BCG

Pick one of these up, flip the new BCG that came with the kit and pay about $65 net for this and solve any overgas problems.

Have you ever tried one of these?