SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    AR-10 magazines: How do you carry yours?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AR-10 magazines: How do you carry yours? Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I am looking for a belt pouch for .308 magazines, both AR-10 and Ruger Gunsite AICS magazines.

Pickings seem pretty slim.

What do you like?

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few milsurp fde SR25 pouches that held mags for my 716 and work well for my M1A pouches too. I like that that have the looking closure. I have tactical tailor pouches and London Bridge Trading for my AR15s that have velcro closure and 1 on my body armor that uses the elastic bands. I have seen the plastic (blade-tech) and kydex from various manufacturers for the 223 mags and would assume they make them in 308. For calls. I just kept 1 in the gun and 2 in the case next to the gun or grabbed one and put it in the leg pocket of my BDU's

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
I like the G Code scorpion pouches.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
HSGI Taco

https://www.highspeedgear.com/hsgi/13TA00-13TA00.html

SR25 mag, 308 PMAG, and AICS mag in Tacos:

Posts: 32417 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
HSGI Taco

+1

Posts: 7851 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
https://www.blueforcegear.com/fastmag-pouch

https://www.blueforcegear.com/...out-single-417-pouch

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
That was fast!

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a huge fan of the ITW pouches. very versatile.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of highlander81
posted Hide Post
Triad tactical has some interesting pouch solutions. I picked up some of theirs for my AICS magazines and have been happy with them.

Triad Tactical pouches

Posts: 444 | Location: Southern Alberta, Canada | Registered: April 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use both HSGI Tacos and the ITW fastmags. I like the HSGI Tacos better. I carry mine on an HSGI low profile battle belt so belly is clean for going prone. Looks just like Rogue's setup on a belt.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p220cop
posted Hide Post
https://olongapooutfitters.com...ear/762-grab-and-go/

A great alternative to carrier mounted pouches. Very high quality made by a great guy.

Chaos, panic and disorder. My work here is done........

Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I'm an amazing beautiful soul. Another person will say I'm a cold-hearted asshole. Believe them both. I act accordingly......

Posts: 140 | Registered: June 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are great and well designed and I have them for both big and little AR mags but not anything related to a belt pouch.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post