SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Thank you, Enablers.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you, Enablers. Login/Join 
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted
Been thinking about the X95 since I saw the bullpup thread. "Surely" I thought "there won't be any in this random pawn shop/gunstore I'm checking out today."

They had two. Thanks a lot people.

Poverty Pony Pistol w. SiCo SpecWar 762 included for size reference. I guess I know where that Saker 556K is gonna go now.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I like how you roll! I went with a .300 BLK version myself, but I'm sure you'll really like your 5.56mm! Congrats!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Yeah, this forum is free, but it is costly. Wink

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
OOoooooo.....a light. I need to figure that out next. I am stripping stuff from a 16" AR I rarely use (that's where the ACOG came from...kinda surprised I like it on the Tavor!) and I've got a Arisaka Defense light I need a new mount for and figure out where to put it.

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Dang, did you find that one in the little pawn shop in Cross Lanes ?!

Don't go in there often, they don't normally have nice stuff.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
No, it was Classic Guns in Barboursville. They had a black one as well. Also a Galil ACE pistol in 5.56mm. Not gonna lie, price was near MSRP. I got it for $1,830.

LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Excellent choice! I think you'll really like the X95.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AllenInWV:
No, it was Classic Guns in Barboursville. They had a black one as well. Also a Galil ACE pistol in 5.56mm. Not gonna lie, price was near MSRP. I got it for $1,830.

Congratulations on being enabled Big Grin

Badly want one of those Galil Ace pistols.

Prolly good i am not closer Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Badly want one of those Galil Ace pistols.

Prolly good i am not closer Wink

They apparently sell on Gunbroker. I'll see if I can find a link. Big Grin

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aah, Classic is a pretty good store
I liked it better when it was smaller and less “retail”, before their big expansion

They do have a nice selection of tactical knives in stock though, bought several Benchmades there back in the day

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
They apparently sell on Gunbroker. I'll see if I can find a link. Big Grin

God bless you, friend!

Turn about is fair play. Wink

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I'm confused ... is this a situation where we say:

Your Welcome ...?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You're welcome, yes indeed it is!

Big Grin

Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Classic Guns in Barboursville.

You don’t say. Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post

Big Grin I think I'm done now....

Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 4518 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great setup Allen. Just curious, how would you rate the trigger on that? Asking for a friend Smile

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1116 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Nice find! I’d have trouble passing that up too.

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
Just curious, how would you rate the trigger on that?

Stock....definitely weird. I am no expert on triggers but it was nothing like even a stock AR. I watched several videos (who said the X95 trigger was a big improvement over earlier Tavors) and dry-fired it a bit before deciding I was going to spring for that Giessele trigger.

Again, I lack the proper terminology. It felt like there was a lot of travel in the trigger, and it was mushy, like you were pulling something through mud. I put that Super Sabra Lightning Bow trigger (what a name!) in, adjusted it, and now it feels like my ALG triggers in my ARs.

Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:
Just curious, how would you rate the trigger on that?

Stock....definitely weird. I am no expert on triggers but it was nothing like even a stock AR. I watched several videos (who said the X95 trigger was a big improvement over earlier Tavors) and dry-fired it a bit before deciding I was going to spring for that Giessele trigger.

Again, I lack the proper terminology. It felt like there was a lot of travel in the trigger, and it was mushy, like you were pulling something through mud. I put that Super Sabra Lightning Bow trigger (what a name!) in, adjusted it, and now it feels like my ALG triggers in my ARs.

That's a pretty accurate description of what I thought of the TAVOR trigger, except it was also heavy, 13 pounds stock, 8 pounds without the additional "winter" spring (which removal was not recommended).

It looks like they really did make some improvements with the X95; I'm glad I dumped my TAVOR before the X95 came out! I wanted to like the TAVOR but I couldn't bring myself to spend the extra $$$ for the Giselle trigger, another hundred+ for a new top rail that would be compatible with my cheek and other sights, and sadly none of those were compatible with the TAVOR's very nice BUIS.
My last objection with the TAVOR has also been addressed with the X95, the front hand support looks like it's a picitinny rail with a hand protector/stop, but it looks like it could be removed for a forward grip could be installed, saving another hundred or so ...

All the hype about how much better it was than the AUG; I'd set a pretty high bar for satisfaction, and it came no where close! I bought mine on GunBroker so I didn't get to handle it first, it was $1700 plus shipping, plus transfer and I just didn't like it that well ... The changes I wanted to make right out of the box just so I could like it, were going to be an additional $600 on top of the purchase. Having owned several AUG's, PS90, Bushmaster M17S, Valmet M82, Norinco Type 86S and AKU-94(AK conversion) I've always been a bullpup fan so I was really disappointed in the TAVOR.

I'm looking forward to a gunshow where I can handle the X95 ... lately when we have a show, the only long guns to choose from are AR's and hunting rifles.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimberkid,

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post