SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Did FN's SCAR Webpage get Hacked???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did FN's SCAR Webpage get Hacked??? Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Ummmmm.... Alright then.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
I thought maybe it was Jack Sparrow.

Captain Jack Sparrow

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
quote:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting FN America.

The person pictured is a woman.

Best regards,
Customer Service
www.fnamerica.com

Seriously, someone was deeply affected enough about seeing this picture of a person with painted nails on the FN webpage that they had to ask?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I don't think any of us were deeply affected, I think several of us thought we were looking at a slightly re-touched picture.

I'm not trying to comment on that woman's appearance in a negative manner except to say that the finished picture, as provided and confirmed by FN, poses a slightly confusing look at first. I took the shooter to be a male who looked like Lee Trevino at first glance. When I noticed the nails and watch, then the glasses, it seriously threw me. Had they included other pictures of this shooter from other angles in other places on the page, it might not be as mentally jarring.

I'm sure it's an employee of the plant here, who is thrilled to be on the website. I simply think FN could have done a bit better with how they used their model. As such, I can't see how it was out of line for Kkina to email them to inquire. They probably think it's a great picture, and probably a lot of people have looked at it and thought "what the fuck?" and not said anything to anyone at all and simply clicked away. We're somewhere in the middle, I suppose.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Calm down guys, the person in the picture is a lady...

Posts: 10831 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
The takeaway lesson from all this is simple validation: chicks dig scars.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
The takeaway lesson from all this is simple validation: chicks dig scars.

You win the internet tonight Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"If there is any doubt, there is no doubt".

True in Thailand. Doubly true on the internet.

Posts: 313 | Location: Georgia | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't know what FN thinks they're doing but this is silly. Looking at the photo in question - the portion of the face we see in no way indicates that the shooter is a woman.

Is this some kind of PC "gotcha" game? I have to ask because if they don't think that photograph is confusing, then whomever is on charge of that site is utterly clueless. Either that, or this is PC bait. Given today's insane climate, I wouldn't be too surprised if this is some "gotcha" PC bullshit. At the very least, it's confusing and pointless.

Again, other than the distracting blue fingernails, nothing in that photo indicates that the shooter is a woman. The shooter is wearing a fitbit, a paracord bracelet and a ring on one finger. Either FN is playing games, or the people responsible for managing their website are clueless.

Quite frankly, the pic is stupid and looks out of place and you'll have to decide for yourself just what is the nature of FNH-USA's malfunction.

Surely, there's a better way to reward Flo down at the assembly plant for her perfect attendance record. {shrugs}

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
They have her on another ad as well. You can see the same blue nails.

https://fnamerica.com/pistols/concealed-carry/

Posts: 7415 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Surely, there's a better way to reward Flo down at the assembly plant for her perfect attendance record. {shrugs}

Flo works at FN? Who'd a thunk it. Must be her second job, working the night shift.

For years now I've seen Flo selling insurance, while wearing white. Wink

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blfuller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
Blue fingernail polish

And some serious booger hooks, too.

Does the color on the watch seem a bit pink-ish?

Thems be fo snorting white devil dust.

Posts: 229 | Location: Eastern Washington State (dry side) | Registered: May 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I bet that dude can shoot.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
They have her on another ad as well. You can see the same blue nails.

https://fnamerica.com/pistols/concealed-carry/

Yeah. I see it now. Same black lady, same nails, and same fabulous leopard print eye pro frames in some of the other action pictures.

quote:
Originally posted by aparoche:
I bet that dude can shoot.

If she is Flo from the plant, she better. She's working on the north end of the primary corridor filmed on Live PD in Richland County. US-1 / Two Notch Rd remains pretty rich and vibrant all the way past the FN plant.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post