SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Bitten by a Rattler
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bitten by a Rattler Login/Join 
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted
Two things that don't go well together: Myself and gun store gift cards. Why? Because I end up spending more than the gift card is worth Razz
Anyway, these things are expensive and I have no real use for it besides fun. Without the gift card knocking several hundred off I'd of probably walked away....but since that wasn't the case..

Friend at the store told me to come in back (which should be my first clue to turn around) and pulled out this little guy. I made fun of it when Sig first announced it with everyone else (more the marketing campaign than anything) but when I held it was amazed at how solid it is, and 300BLK. Even the hand guard is aluminum. It's TINY. On first look I thought I was getting into another SBR but nope, pistol! The Sig SB braces are pretty slick using all the 3 position collapsible stock components giving an adjustable pistol brace. Cool little PDW. First short gun I've had that I really have no desire to SBR.

Two position gas systems for supers or subs.

Only gripe so far is the trigger is just a so-so mil spec. May change that in the future.

Planning to put it through it's paces this weekend.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3582 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Slick.

What kind of sight is that?

I still think of the "Cobra Rattler" when anyone mentions this thing. Big Grin I'll resist posting a pic. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Once and Future SIG Shooter
Picture of Mike S
posted Hide Post
I like it!! It rocks with that 20rd Lancer mag. Looks nearly perfect!

Posts: 4524 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I really dig this one!

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I just looked in the dictionary and saw that pic next to the words bad ass!

That is pretty neat looking. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Nice!!!!
I have SB tactical PDW brace to go on a 9mm lower I need to assemble.
I have a 7.5” upper for it.
I kind of want a 4.5” just for the sake of a tiny gun.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25352 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
If only I hadn't written off Sig rifles.

I'm assuming they are still having issues with the 5.56 variant which is why we haven't seen it yet.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
I have the same brace on my MPX. Great brace. Pretty nice looking piece.

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what optic is it?

Posts: 286 | Location: midwest | Registered: May 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Very cool looking!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas.

Rhino, the sight is a Steiner R1X red dot. Made in the US. Neat optic, figured I'd try something different. Has a 2moa single dot mode and a CQB mode with a 2 moa dot on top and three 4 moa dots below it.

Warpig, I imagine there isn't the interest in the 5.56 that there is in the 300. Sig has also said the 5.56 will not be suppressible where as the 300 has that option.

Black, 4.5 would be be pretty wild! This one is 5.5 and feels very short.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andyb,

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3582 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
Any chance you'll be able to chrono some loads?

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Biochemical
Superfreak
Picture of M4Super90
posted Hide Post
Nice score. Love the concept. The top one shown here is a 5.5".300 BLK

115 + 115 = 230

Posts: 3675 | Registered: April 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I've been so broke I haven't even looked at anything new ... Then you go and post something like this!

Looking forward to your range report!

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5700 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
It's the first I've heard of it. That thing looks badass! Look forward to your range report. Smile

Posts: 17050 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
Thanks fellas.

Rhino, the sight is a Steiner R1X red dot. Made in the US. Neat optic, figured I'd try something different. Has a 2moa single dot mode and a CQB mode with a 2 moa dot on top and three 4 moa dots below it.

Warpig, I imagine there isn't the interest in the 5.56 that there is in the 300. Sig has also said the 5.56 will not be suppressible where as the 300 has that option.

Black, 4.5 would be be pretty wild! This one is 5.5 and feels very short.

I have a Ti-Rant9 that would add a little more length.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25352 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Where does the shoulder of the barrel come to?
My suppressors are all SiCo ASR mounts. It looks like the locking ring would be too close/under the hand guard?

If the shoulder is under the hand guard it’s a no go, but if it’s out past the hand guard, there might be enough room.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Black, my mistake, for some reason I read 5.56 Confused That'll be sweet!

Warpig, I wish I could but unfortunately I don't have access to a chrono

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
Where does the shoulder of the barrel come to?
My suppressors are all SiCo ASR mounts. It looks like the locking ring would be too close/under the hand guard?

If the shoulder is under the hand guard it’s a no go, but if it’s out past the hand guard, there might be enough room.

It would probably be tight depending on the flash hider/muzzle brake. It looks like the shoulder is about a 1/4in under the hand guard. Really too close to say.