SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    BL22 lever action
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BL22 lever action Login/Join 
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I like to shoot the quiet Aguila Super Colibre in mine. The round is loaded with just a primer charge. Good for not disturbing the neighbors.

The bl22 handles them well where an auto loader won't. Great gun!

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While I don't have a Marlin,nice gun by the way and congrats, my Henry .22 is a blast to shoot. I like the lever guns more than semi-autos now.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Back in 82/83 I debated between the BL22 and a Winchester 9422. I bought the Winchester as I liked its design better. However, it was sixes on quality and more like a Chevy vs Ford decision. The Browning is a great rifle and you will enjoy it. My youngest son is considering buying one right now. Our LGS has a couple in stock we looked at yesterday.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
While I don't have a Marlin,nice gun by the way and congrats, my Henry .22 is a blast to shoot. I like the lever guns more than semi-autos now.

I have both, a Marlin 39A and a Henry H01 and I like shooting the Henry more because of the light weight and smooth action. Because of my old eyes I've put Redfield 2-7 scopes on them and they shoot cloverleaf groups at 25 yds if I do my job.

I'd like to try a BL22 some day. I'm sure that if I did I'd have to have one.

Congrats on your new rifle. Enjoy.

Jim

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jimbo54,

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Jim, I'm sure you would like it. I remember shooting one with a buddy many many years ago. It was a great little gun then and I feel the same way now. Just don't see many for sale around my area though.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
So I continue down the lever action rabbit hole. I picked up a Marlin Golden 39AS Friday. It was made in 1995 JM stamped barrel. This version has the cross bolt safety which some don't like, but it doesn't bother me. I shot it yesterday and it was a fun day. No issues . It is a super accurate, well built classic. My eyes aren't what they used to be and I was shooting from a make shift rest but I did better than I expected from 30 yards and open sights.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2759 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post