SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Projectile Dimension Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Projectile Dimension Question Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I've checked Remington's site, Hogdon's site, GunData.org, Wikipedia, etc. but have come up empty. I guess it's an unusual question, but I need it for a calculation.

I need the length of three Rem CoreLokt UltraBonded projectiles (the projectile length not the OAL/CCOL, trim length):
  • 270 Win, 140 grains
  • 7mm Rem Mag, 140 grains
  • 300 Win Mag, 180 grains

Accuracy needs to be 1/16 in or .16 cm

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    semi-reformed sailor
    Picture of MikeinNC
    posted Hide Post
    bet someone in the Reloading section can help

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Freethinker
    Picture of sigfreund
    posted Hide Post
    I have the book by Bryan Litz that shows the length of many bullets, but most are intended for long range shooting, and none are the ones you ask about. There are a few similar in weight and caliber, but most are also boattail designs, which is not true of the Core Lokt, I believe. The only one I could find that was similar was the Hornady 7mm (0.284") 139 grain Soft Point Interlock (no boattail) and its length was listed at 1.135".

Hopefully someone with the specific bullets you’re asking about will chime in.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
    — Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Decided to e-mail Remington and I was very shocked by their e-mail response:
    quote:
    Todd-

We do not give out any reloading information or specs.

Thank you and best regards,
    Remington Customer Services

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post