SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    I call this one, The Black Mamba...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I call this one, The Black Mamba... Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
Finally finished this one today...

SAI scout converted with a Lothar Walther 6.5 Creedmoor medium weight barrel, dropped into a SAGE. Sadlak mount was chopped before I got it to clear the front rail. Nitrided the barrel, trigger group, op-rod, Sadlak mount and gas system (minus the Sadlak TiN piston). Installed a Delta-P titanium thread adapter and a muzzle brake. Should have this one out to the range in a couple of days.

Enjoy...

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks great!!!!

Posts: 207 | Location: Baconton,GA. | Registered: April 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Nice

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
It is beautiful. Fantasitc work!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8513 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The M14 of the future. Two things from the Cold War still going strong: The M14 and the B-52.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
How much does it weigh?

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mean looking rig !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dang, that is impressive! Please follow up with a range report!

Posts: 251 | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Bad ass! Love piston guns!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Finally finished this one today...

SAI scout converted with a Lothar Walther 6.5 Creedmoor medium weight barrel, dropped into a SAGE. Sadlak mount was chopped before I got it to clear the front rail. Nitrided the barrel, trigger group, op-rod, Sadlak mount and gas system (minus the Sadlak TiN piston). Installed a Delta-P titanium thread adapter and a muzzle brake. Should have this one out to the range in a couple of days.

Tony.

Looks like somebody buggered up a screw. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I'll post a report as soon as I get out. My range suffered wind, and ice damage from our storm last week and might be closed for another week. They have no power or water.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
How much does it weigh?

If you have to ask, you can't afford it...uh, pick it up?

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Nice job, looks good.
Thanks for posting.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
That just looks nasty (in the best possible way).

If I owned it, I might try out a Magpul UBR stock on it. Good stock and it would balance it out visually and weight-wise.

Nice work!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post