SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Benelli Shotguns ... School me on their autoloaders?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli Shotguns ... School me on their autoloaders? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I prefer gas guns for their recoil mitigating actions.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
One of the best purchases I ever made was the M1S90 I bought when they were first showing up 30 or so years ago. H&K was importing them and selling them branded as H&K’s back then. Great shotgun. I’ll never sell it.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
One of the best purchases I ever made was the M1S90 I bought when they were first showing up 30 or so years ago. H&K was importing them and selling them branded as H&K’s back then. Great shotgun. I’ll never sell it.

Ditto. I bought mine 32 years ago, and it’s one of the few guns I’ve never once thought, “Gee, that new XYZ sure looks nice,” in comparison.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
I have a M1S90, Ethos in 12g, Legacy in 20g. I also at one time had the Vinci. Never an issue with any of them. 10 year warranties to boot. If you're somewhat budget conscious, look at the new Franchi Affinity 3 line. I was set to buy my son a Benelli Ultralight 20g for his first shotgun for Turkeys....ended up getting the Affinity 3 compact.

All that being said, my Turkey/Duck gun is a Beretta A400 Xtreme.

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
We use the M2 version with 14 inch barrels.
We have shot low power target ammo, reduced recoil slug and 00 buck and full load ammo and never had a problems at all.
However the rep advised to use full loads only because of the inertia driven system.
But we have not had any problems.
And so easy to clean after a full range day.

https://www.benelliusa.com/inertia-driven-system

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by P210:

Ditto. I bought mine 32 years ago, and it’s one of the few guns I’ve never once thought, “Gee, that new XYZ sure looks nice,” in comparison.

I too have an M1S90. It has been very reliable. I’ll never let it go. With 3 inch shells I see no need to shoot 3.5 inch ones. Dead is dead.

I just picked up an Ethos in 28 gauge. I’m really looking forward to wacking some doves and pheasants with it this coming season.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post