Null Login/Join 
Picture of dwd1985
posted
Null

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dwd1985,

Posts: 4449 | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Buy once cry one.. can mount a light and qd swivel. have a lot of shells though it with no issues.

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience is that if you buy a normal +2 extension, it sticks past the end of the barrel. The special one Nordic makes just for the 1301 is even with the end of the barrel. The mag tube of the 1301 tactical must be slightly longer than normal.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Unless you need it to mount a light, I wouldn't bother with the clamp.
(and I own two of those clamps, lol)

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Nordic does sell some odd lengths that you won't see from most other venders.

Did you ask Nordic if they plan on making more?
There have made some things, like their slightly longer nose cap, that they just never started making again. Frown

Or you could just embrace the rhinoceros look! Big Grin

Posts: 21053 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
Just picked up my new Beretta 1301 Tactical. Threw a MEsa Tactical Urbino on, and I am very impressed with the way it handles. I have a bolt release shroud on the way, but also want to add a magazine tube extension. I thought there would only be a few options, but there seem to be almost a dozen from doing a preliminary search. Can anyone recommend one that ends up flush with the barrel, and maintains the overall flat black finish look?

Which shroud did you order? Apparently I'm in the same boat as you, just picked up a Beretta 1301 myself. Thanks for the timely Mag tube extension info (Nordic).

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rpm2010:
quote:
Just picked up my new Beretta 1301 Tactical. Threw a MEsa Tactical Urbino on, and I am very impressed with the way it handles. I have a bolt release shroud on the way, but also want to add a magazine tube extension. I thought there would only be a few options, but there seem to be almost a dozen from doing a preliminary search. Can anyone recommend one that ends up flush with the barrel, and maintains the overall flat black finish look?

Which shroud did you order? Apparently I'm in the same boat as you, just picked up a Beretta 1301 myself. Thanks for the timely Mag tube extension info (Nordic).

I went with the low profile shroud from Tau Development.
https://taudevgroup.myshopify..../bolt-release-shroud

Thanks dwd1985, price is reasonable, life time warranty as well. If possible, keep us posted on how the LP shroud and the extension tube work out for you. It'll take me awhile to get down to the range to test out the new 1301.

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Explanation from Nordic:

https://nordiccomp.com/wp-cont.../NC-web-letter-2.jpg

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Arrrrgggg ...
I wonder what market forces are responsible for all the makers, distributors and retailers being out of inventory on magazine extension tubes for the 1301 Comps and Tacticals.

Did Beretta's (sp corrected) introduction of updated Tacticals sell beyond expectations and all the new owners ordered the parts early?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RichardC,

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I owned a Comp, I would likely snag up a Lancer extension tube.

Guess what? Frown

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Ordered an extension and clamp direct from Lancer. It came about 12 days ago. Smile