SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    PSA 10.5” AR pistol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PSA 10.5” AR pistol Login/Join 
Just mobilize it
posted
So a few weeks back I was inquiring on here about 10.5 AR pistols, as I’ve always wanted one and now that the braces have gotten better I had to finally take the plunge. A bunch of you guys helped me decide that indeed it was foolish to spend the extra cheddar on a LWRC when the Palmetto one was only $550 shipped! Well I took the advice and saved about $800, plus I’m actually liking how this is set up from the factory.

I only had to put on some sights so I grabbed a set of Magpul MBUS flip ups. Inexpensive though robust and useful until I put a red dot on it.

Fit and finish is very good, no play upper to lower and it all lines up well. Couple little marks on the upper receiver though minor and when I told PSA about it they actually gave me a $30 credit and swag pack. I plan on just touching it up with Aluminum black.

The SBA3 brace is friggin awesome! It’s pretty solid, every bit as solid as a Magpul MOE stock and it’s comfortable when “occasionally” shouldered. To have the adjustability in a brace is great as it telescopes several notches from fully collapsed to pretty much where my 16” AR stock adjusts at the longest.

Trigger is pretty decent too, light but not too light. Double taps are effortless and the thing just runs like a top. Very smooth operation with only a little normal buffer bounce like all AR’s seem to exhibit. It would be comfortable to shoot all day.

Well I went to the range this afternoon and I have to say I’m loving this AR pistol! It shot flawlessly and sent my empties in a nice consistent pile to the right about 10 feet. I didn’t shoot for accuracy today, just function tested though the groups were good after adjusting a little windage on the rear.

Seems like Pametto is putting out good quality stuff for a great cost from what I’ve read and others have told me. Glad I went with them. Anyway just had to share, as it’s nice to add to the AR stable again. Smile

upload anonymous pictures

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LincolnSixEcho,

Posts: 4608 | Registered: July 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TAP
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the purchase.
I picked up one of their 10.5" uppers and it does 1/2" groups at 50yds on sand bags all day long.

Posts: 831 | Location: Portland, OR. | Registered: October 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Thanks man! I still have to bench mine to see, but it was keeping them in a fist sized group at about 50 feet off hand double tapping.

Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
I put together the identical pistol you have during the father's day sales. I haven't had a chance to zero it yet but I agree everything feels solid and built well.

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1236 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got one as well and run it with a kaw valley linear comp and Vortex sparc. Great little carbine, and it's working its way into my heart for HD.

Posts: 3041 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, PSA AR stuff are best value right now. Incredibly inexpensive, but great quality. You just can't beat that.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^i agree. I’m surprised they are that cheap given the spec sheet.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
My PSA 10.5" AR pistol. Need to get it to the range soon. Cool

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yes you do...that looks nice Smile...range report!...

I'm liking that SBA3 brace Cool...I have been perfectly satisfied with everything I have purchased from PSA...

10.5" PSA complete upper with KAK flashcan mounted on an AERO pistol lower with the KAK Shockwave Blade brace...Vortex Strike Fire red dot (another PSA purchase...$179 with 10 Magpul magazines...keep checking those daily deals if your CC can stand it Big Grin)...

I have no idea who PSA contracts to manufacture the slim line slant MLOK hand-guards but they are really top tier IMHO...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
I thought it was Midwest Industries. Mine has the MI logo on it.

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I'm really loving mine with the folding stock.

Folded Stock Adaptor w/o sling. by Dave Steier, on Flickr

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:
I thought it was Midwest Industries. Mine has the MI logo on it.

I think that's the MLOK logo Smile at least on mine...looks pretty close though...PSA is making pretty good stuff IMHO (as limited as that is Big Grin)...I have NEVER had an issue with their offerings...I just wished they offered Cowboy Action stuff Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I'm really loving mine with the folding stock.

Folded Stock Adaptor w/o sling. by Dave Steier, on Flickr

I'm wanting to see that in person next time I head down your way for the Piedmont Regulators shoot Cool

Jimmy Buffet

Just mobilize it
posted Hide Post
Ah yes the M-lok logo, that makes sense. Some nice pistols in here!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LincolnSixEcho:

Trigger is pretty decent too, light but not too light. Double taps are effortless and the thing just runs like a top.

The nickel Teflon trigger groups from PSA (which come with many of their lowers and are offered separately) as well as those from Tom's Tactical are pretty good triggers for the money spent...still "mil-spec" but without that gritty/crunchy/heavy feeling usually associated with basic triggers supplied with most lower parts kits or factory (Ruger or S&W for example)...I'm sure they are contracted for resale under various "brand names"...and I'm glad to see them included or offered at reasonable prices Smile.

Jimmy Buffet

I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I just took mine out to the range this afternoon and put it on paper. It was incredibly accurate. Really enjoyed shooting it with both the iron sites and Holosun! This is going to become my daily carry backup!

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hammer1967
posted Hide Post
I bought the Shockwave 10.5 pistol kit for $259 delivered. Picked up a lower at the LGS for $65.00 OTD. Put it together yesterday, I like it.

If Jesus would have had a gun he would be alive today. Homer Simpson
“Him plenty dead” Tonto

Posts: 1088 | Location: TN | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
I am really liking the looks of the SBA3. My favorite pistol brace up to this point has been the SBM4, as it looks the most like a regular stock. Now I'm not so sure...

One thing is certain, there is something for everyone!

(not my image, found on Google)

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I truly hate PSA. So many great deals to empty a bank account with.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
I truly hate PSA. So many great deals to empty a bank account with.

What he said. Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post