SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New SIG TREAD Rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG TREAD Rifle Login/Join 
posted
A new entry-level AR15 is coming soon from SIG, the TREAD.

NEW SIG 'TREAD' Rifle System

Posts: 27 | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The "Sig Saint".

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by hooah09:

I'll probably hold off until the Gen 4 comes out 6 months after its initial release.

Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
quote:

I'll probably hold off until the Gen 4 comes out 6 months after its initial release.

Big Grin

It’s sad that this is pretty much how I feel about anything new from sig at this point.. guess the truth hurts lol

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Basically an M400 with free float barrel nut that has handguard options. Kinda neat for a first AR if the street price is right.

I like SIG lowers. They are my preferred lower for building if I can swing one cheap enough.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t have the patience to listen to a long video. What’s different about this as compared to the M400?

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
I don’t have the patience to listen to a long video. What’s different about this as compared to the M400?

You only get out of something what you put into it and this is one of the better gun videos explaining a new product without over-hyping it, so i would recommend watching this 15 minute video.

Essentially, the SIG Tread is an M400 based entry-level AR-15 platform with a proprietary barrel nut and some upgraded standard factory features such as a 16" stainless steel barrel with a pinned comp, Magpul slick M-lok handguard, ambidextrous controls and QD sockets.

It is designed for the shooter buying their first AR that may not have much knowledge or experience in modifying/ accessorizing them and may not have the tools to do so. It is marketed along the "Don't TREAD on me" motto and the carbine, along with the multiple other accessories designed for it, are designed to be easily modified by simply paring it with the accessories also easily identified by the TREAD brand...so someone who may not know or keep up with various mfrs. products can still grab a charging handle or handguard or BUIS accessory etc... so marked and know that it will be compatible with the rifle.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
You are right that the video was pretty good. Not too much hype even though they apparently gave him a free rifle. Pretty straightforward review.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems like a more or less standard AR that they can sell overpriced accessories with their “brand” on it to people who don’t know that better/cheaper accessories will also fit. An AR for people who don’t want to think or shop.

Oh, and call it “TREAD” because freedom and all, you know.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Since "treading" is something bad and best avoided.... we'll chalk another one up for the SIG advertising team. Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I need new specs or something, I keep wanting to say SIC TURD WHIFFLE. Think they will sell me some TURD glasses? I’m kidding of course. Well done video. Reminds me to shoot the jungle walk at Knob Creek again this year. Interested to see the Price point.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
So, let me get this straight. SIG builds a decent qulaity entry level AR, comes up with a marketing slogan to support it, packages accessories that are guaranteed to fit without modification, targets it at the first time AR buyer, and apparently does a good job delivering a quality product and support system.

And we shit all over them.

WTF is the matter with us? Are we pissed when they get something RIGHT?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
With bad intent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
So, let me get this straight. SIG builds a decent qulaity entry level AR, comes up with a marketing slogan to support it, packages accessories that are guaranteed to fit without modification, targets it at the first time AR buyer, and apparently does a good job delivering a quality product and support system.

And we shit all over them.

Concept vs Execution

Posts: 7912 | Location: One step ahead of you | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WARPIG602:
quote:

Concept vs Execution

Or Fantasy vs Reality.

Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
SIG builds a decent qulaity entry level AR...apparently does a good job delivering a quality product and support system.

Quality? None of us know if the rifle is quality in any way, it isn't even out yet. But what we do know from experience is that the 516, 556xi, 716, P320, P365, P227, MCX, MPX and P938 all had multiple issues requiring multiple generations. I highly doubt that this rifle will be any different, as Sig hasn't released a new model that HASNT had serious issues in years.

If it’s an M400 it will be all right. I had one. Solid rifle. Better lowers than typical entry level, everything else is pretty much mil spec of the shelf stuff. Hard to mess that up.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
The hand guard looks nice enough.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
proprietary barrel nut

That's gonna be a nope for me, dawg.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I will wait for the rainbow titanium version.

Maybe they'll do a "saintly" tank-tops-and-yoga-pants girl contest to promote this fabulous finish option?

Razz

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
quote:
SIG builds a decent qulaity entry level AR...apparently does a good job delivering a quality product and support system.

Quality? None of us know if the rifle is quality in any way, it isn't even out yet. But what we do know from experience is that the 516, 556xi, 716, P320, P365, P227, MCX, MPX and P938 all had multiple issues requiring multiple generations. I highly doubt that this rifle will be any different, as Sig hasn't released a new model that HASNT had serious issues in years.

If it’s an M400 it will be all right. I had one. Solid rifle. Better lowers than typical entry level, everything else is pretty much mil spec of the shelf stuff. Hard to mess that up.

No, no, no. Your logic and reason are not welcome here.

Please come back to this thread when you are more cynical, worldly, and grizzled. (The grizzling process is long and I hear it is quite painful. And it requires walking over a bed of hot coals made of HK416s and Glock 19s. And sacrifice a goat. It’s the pet of Satan, who I think is Ron Cohens brother in law)

Yeah, be more grizzled.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post