SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New SIG TREAD Rifle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New SIG TREAD Rifle Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Noted, jl. Thanks for the tip.

I'm out back in the dark shaving my balls with a rusty tuna can lid.

It's the first step in grizzling per the waiver.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'm out back in the dark shaving my balls with a rusty tuna can lid. .

I'm grossed out, and simultaneously impressed.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with the M400s except price relative to their direct competition and the direction that the marketplace has been going. We stopped carrying them because everyone else was dropping their pricing and SIG wasn't, making the old M4 handguard M400s hard if not outright prohibitive to sell. The Saint (sad to say) with its upgrade furniture was mopping SIG's face in it. We'd sell out a batch of LE6920s long before a single base M400 would move. Rifles like the $500 Sport II and AR-556 vacated the building even more emphatically. When the Elite series came out our buyer wouldn't even bother looking at them, especially now with the Ruger MPR, and similar accessorized guns and their low price points enticing buyers.

The Tread (to me a stupid name that sounds like I should torture test it under the wheels of an F-150) at least should make an impingement SIG AR somewhat financially relevant again.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the price is right, I may jump. I would like to have a Sig AR to go with my Sig pistols.
And Tread is a stupid name.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is some serious fucking grizzling right there.

Fuck Tetanus....literally.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
Nothing wrong with the M400s except price relative to their direct competition and the direction that the marketplace has been going. We stopped carrying them because everyone else was dropping their pricing and SIG wasn't, making the old M4 handguard M400s hard if not outright prohibitive to sell. The Saint (sad to say) with its upgrade furniture was mopping SIG's face in it. We'd sell out a batch of LE6920s long before a single base M400 would move. Rifles like the $500 Sport II and AR-556 vacated the building even more emphatically. When the Elite series came out our buyer wouldn't even bother looking at them, especially now with the Ruger MPR, and similar accessorized guns and their low price points enticing buyers.

The Tread (to me a stupid name that sounds like I should torture test it under the wheels of an F-150) at least should make an impingement SIG AR somewhat financially relevant again.

I saw 400s in the shop today and they were $1020 per. Which is truly stupid. Seems that shops (at least around here) sell either $450 ARs, or $3000 ARs with very little in between.

Maybe the Tread will bridge that gap in SIG's marketing plan.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
quote:

That is some serious fucking grizzling right there.

Fuck Tetanus....literally.

ARTY thinks that Tetanus is a beef flavoring.

He no scare.

www.opspectraining.com

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I saw this. Per the email which I promptly deleted as it seemed to be a clothing line, I must say I thought grizzled had a age requirement. Did I miss that?

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
If it is priced like an entry gun I think it might be a great idea. I know a lot of you won't understand this but the AR accessory world can be pretty daunting for people not keeping up with it. I can see the idea of a rifle and a pile of boxes of accessories marked with the same logo and guaranteed to fit appealing to true entry level AR buyers.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fatmanspencer:
I saw this. Per the email which I promptly deleted as it seemed to be a clothing line, I must say I thought grizzled had a age requirement. Did I miss that?

It was in the email. Take the purchase price, convert that number from Fahrenheit to Celsius and divide by 10. No MSRP.

www.opspectraining.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
proprietary barrel nut

That's gonna be a nope for me, dawg.

Almost every aftermarket free float hand guard on the market uses a proprietary barrel nut... Roll Eyes ???

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Cliche list:

Female. Check.
Tank top. Check.
Yoga pants. Check.
Crossfit. Check.
Outdoorsy. Check.
A little ink. Check.
Is this a gun, clothing, or lifestyle brand? Check.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/pwi39ipKB74

Yes. It's all fine they blend these together and normalize the shooting sports. It feels like Springfield Armory tried to do this recently though.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh, there are pretty much only two tropes in EBR advertising. Either dark haired and bearded guys loaded up with tac gear who look like Bradley Cooper playing Kyle Reece in American Sniper, or very fit women in tank tops showing they can be gun badasses too.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:It feels like Springfield Armory tried to do this recently though.
Yeah it's basically SIG Sauer's answer to SA's "Saint" rifles.

That's fine. Some people just want to buy a name brand rifle all setup and shoot it as is.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post