SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    A Glock Carbine?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Glock Carbine? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Devil’s advocate. What would a Glock carbine bring to the table that isn’t already offered ad nauseum. Beyond giving a PD a one stop shop so to speak I am not sure what they would release that would move the needle.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lt CHEG
posted Hide Post
I’d probably buy one. I like Glock. They make good stuff that works at a reasonable cost. I don’t feel like they’ve ever stolen designs from other companies, and they’ve always treated me right. The only real reason why I’m not closer to being a Glock fanboy is because their offerings are so limited as far as firearms manufacturers go. I’ve happily carried a Glock every day now for almost 9 years and have owned their products literally since my first pistol purchase. In the 23+ years that I’ve owned and shot Glock pistols I can honestly think of only one malfunction that I’ve ever personally experienced. If they come out with a rifle, I’ll buy one even if it’s just an AR copy. If it’s a totally new design and I show some interest in in, then maybe I’ll buy a couple. I really hope that Glock does follow through and manufacture this item that they’ve patented.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Posts: 5576 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: February 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in a Glock PCC in 10mm, provided it:
Uses the existing magazines.
Uses the existing internal parts, so you can take advantage of all the aftermarket parts now readily available for Glocks.
It is reasonably priced. My definition of reasonable is $650 or close.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Looks like a new rifle to me. Might end up resembling an AR outwardly, but the internals seem to be their own thing. That it takes AR grips and stocks doesn’t exactly thrill me, but there’s no lack of choices there, so it makes sense. If it shoots 5.56 out of STANAG mags, I’ll buy one. I’m a fanboy anyways, and it checks some boxes that the SIG 556 would have checked for me if it wasn’t for SIG’s dismal product support.

I wonder what they’ll end up going for if they come to market?

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I was hoping for some kind of locked breach Pistol Caliber Carbine...that would actually fill an under-served market segment, especially if the MSRP is low, as most of the non-expensive PCCs are blowback. This looks like a rifle cartridge design, though...and while I'm willing to wait and see, I have a hard time believing it'll do anything better than an AR.

Posts: 8564 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Meh. It already exists: it’s called a Keltec Sub2000! Big Grin

Posts: 33793 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meh, CMMG already did this better with RDB system. You can pair their upper with their MkGs lower that takes Glock mags, or a standard AR lower using Endomags.

Posts: 3335 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Intrigue...not something we get out of a staid company like Glock. Wait n see, I guess.

-MG

Posts: 1984 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Meh, CMMG already did this better with RDB system. You can pair their upper with their MkGs lower that takes Glock mags, or a standard AR lower using Endomags.

I agree. Also if you look at the Glock diagrams the mags, bullets and BCG are .223.

Posts: 3914 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The timing for this news is odd. I usually hear about Glock carbines around April 1st.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3531 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

I agree. Also if you look at the Glock diagrams the mags, bullets and BCG are .223.

I converted my SBR'd B&T GHM9 Compact to utilize Glock magazines (vs OEM) awhile back. I think they are much sturdier than the OEMs and since they're compatible with my 9mm enabled Glock pistol (a Model 23 .40 with 9mm barrel and recoil spring set up), the versatility is obvious.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Still haven't found out if the "superior" Glock hump will be on the pistol grip.

Posts: 4157 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I mean I don’t need it. Shit I barely want another semi automatic anything. I have several semi auto rifles and PCCs.

But I’ll almost definitely buy a Glock Carbine just because. A Glock rifle is a lower probability but still a maybe.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Glock should have introduced this thing when it actually meant something to American shooters.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
"We can observe these features from the diagrams:
• The rifle appears to have a mid-stroke (20-33mm) gas piston system

As SpartAN’s Dan says in the video, “[It’s like] nothing we’ve seen before.

It’s annular—no, not annual, or even glandular—annular, which is derived from the mathematical term “annulus,” meaning a flat shape like a ring; the edges being two circles that have the same center.

So, the annular gas piston head is ring-shaped and circles the barrel, as compared to above or below the barrel as seen in traditional systems. When propellant gases leave the barrel through the radial gas ports (angled back toward the receiver), the piston moves longitudinally along the barrel, acting on two push rods situated on either side of the barrel, which then act on the bolt carrier." <----- from the above posted link

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post