SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    Burris 332 users a little help please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Burris 332 users a little help please. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
My windage and elevation adjustment screws don’t have a direction on them to turn for up/down left/right. Does yours? If so tell me which way to turn them for which adjustment.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Odd.

I checked the online manual, and it even references directional arrows. In the section on sighting in, it states:

quote:
Make corrections as necessary using the adjustment knobs that have bullet-strike directional arrows.

Sounds like Burris has been cutting corners. (Not surprising, coming from them.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Left and UP are both counter clockwise.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Must be a factory defect because they are clearly marked on my 332. Maybe send it back or just remember the direction of turn.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Must be a factory defect because they are clearly marked on my 332. Maybe send it back or just remember the direction of turn.

Jim

Or, it could be Chicom fake? Wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Considering the real 332s are also made in China, that's a distinct possibility.

Chinese factories love ripping off products, especially other Chinese-made products.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I think we found the answer. Try sending it back to whomever you bought it from for a refund.

Good luck,

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Got it at academy. Hope they are not selling knockoffs.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Left and UP are both counter clockwise.

Ok to be sure, is elevation on top or the side. I made out an “R” on the top adjustment screw, but no arrow. On my Leupolds, the top is elevation adjustment.

TCB all the time...

Picture of CandyMan.45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
Ok to be sure, is elevation on top or the side. I made out an “R” on the top adjustment screw, but no arrow. On my Leupolds, the top is elevation adjustment.

Top is always elevation...

Posts: 1242 | Location: The Edge of Nowhere... | Registered: April 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Elevation is on top, windage on right side.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CandyMan.45:
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:

Top is always elevation...

That’s what I always thought. What a cluster. I’m taking it back to academy. It’s been sitting g in my closet for about 6 months. Hope I can find receipt.

TCB all the time...