SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    JC Higgins Model 45
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JC Higgins Model 45 Login/Join 
Picture of got2hav1
posted
So just picked this one up from a private sale. Made by Marlin and sold through Sears under their JC Higgins name. This one is in .35 Remington caliber. Looks like 1960 model with great bluing and just light handling marks on the stock and fore end. Looks to be well cared for . Hope to find some ammo and see how she shoots.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2767 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Looks like a re-branded 336. A lot of those older store brand marlins are a great value...I have a couple of Glenfields that I picked up cheap, and they are awesome guns. Yours looks like a very nice example.

I don't have a .35 Remington yet, but I've heard good things about the cartridge. You'll have to let us know how it shoots!

Posts: 8569 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Traditionally store branded guns have a lower resale value. I'm odd, for a shooter I'd rather have that one than a Marlin marked one, I guess it's a nostalgia thing. It calls back a time that's long gone and won't be coming back.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
From what I have learned they were far fewer store brands made , but yes they tended to be a bit more affordable. Not sure that still holds true now.

Cas, you are right we'll never see those days again.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2767 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post